Senior Project Manager
Retirement Savings, Performance Bonus
As one of the largest and fastest growing Structural Steel firms in Canada, this company has built some of the tallest and most iconic structures in Ontario and around the world. A career with this company means ongoing and unlimited opportunity to learn and grow on the job. Hamilton offers a growing number of city amenities while still remaining affordable for prospective home owners.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the acquisition and delivery of multiple projects of varying scale, from design through bidding to execution and delivery. The Senior PM must effectively manage variations in cost, timelines and project scope to ensure that all budgets and deadlines are met and that company standards are maintained or surpassed.
The Senior Project Manager plays a instrumental role in winning new work and will be responsible for projects from the pre-temder stage through to completion. Responsibilities will include:
- Planning for project delivery by working with the design, engineering and construction departments
- Provides oversight on day-to-day project delivery activities, assuring compliance with applicable statutory and contractual requirements.
- Works effectively with clients and key stakeholders to ensure execution is in line with commitments and expectations.
- Exercises the foresight to anticipate problems and formulate possible solutions in advance.
- Process the contract drawings and specifications and make sure the building is built in accordance with these documents
- Evaluate and approve construction methods
- Promote and comply with company policies and procedures
- Conduct regular project meetings
- Be able to read, interpret, analyze and forecast a project’s cost reports and determine the status of the job in terms of schedule and costing
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, project management, business administration or a related field.
- 10 or more years of experience as a Senior Project Manager in the structural steel industry
- Demonstrated familiarity with PMP Body of Knowledge
- Knowledge of the Tekla System or other equivalent systems
- Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest and foremost structural steel builders in Canada. They offer group retirement savings, performance bonus, a competitive salary and benefits package and unlimited opportunity for growth. A career with this company will build a solid foundation for a future of success with this firm.
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss in confidence, please apply ASAP.
Similar job titles:
Construction Project Manager