Bridge Design Project Engineer
Ingénieur de Projet de Conception De Pont
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our award winning and well established engineering design firm specialized in both road construction and complex bridge design is offering an opportunity to join their expanding team in a lead road design role. With operations and projects in both Canada and USA and boasting an incredible industry reputation, our client is expanding their Canadian operations offering an opportunity to work on exciting projects and offer unique design solutions.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
In this role you will be an expert multitasker with impeccable attention to detail. The best person for this role will have an extraordinary ability to anticipate needs by thinking strategically and executing thorough proactive communication, transparency and provide practical integrated design solutions.
- Provide design and technical support to drafters
- Design and model bridges using Leap Bridge, Merlin Dash/MDX, MathCAD, structural analysis software, and either AutoCAD, or MicroStation
- Compose calculations using technical models, drawing, technical reports, and quantity estimates
- Compile submittal packages and project information to send Tech Writer (for proposals), and detailed analyses
- Supervise CAD Techs’ technical drafts
- Review the assembly of design deliverables (i.e., drawings, presentations, reports, prototypes, etc.)
- Produce technical reports
- Ensure ACI, AISC and CSA S6 codes are followed (knowledge of AASHTO is preferred but not required)
- Travel to support clients and project teams within Canada and US (as required)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in structural engineering (recognized in Canada)
- Licensed PE in Canada (Authorization in Quebec preferred)
- Strong technical and Project management skills
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written)
- Experience in project management and on Ministry of Transportation of Québec (MTQ), Ontario (MTO), or Montreal (MTM) projects (preferred)
- Proficient in: Leap Bridge and Merlin Dash/MDX(or software equivalent), MathCAD, structural analysis software, and either AutoCAD, or MicroStation
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity! Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Keywords: Civil Design, Civil Designer, Road Design, Bridge Design, Inroad, Professional Engineer, P.Eng, Civil Engineering, Ministry of Transportation, Ingénieur principal en conception de routes civiles, Ingénieur professionnel, Ingénieur de projet de conception de pont
Thank you for your interest in this job posting. TalentSphere is an equal opportunities employer and we look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas