Road Design Senior Project Engineer - Hydrology (Indianapolis, IN)
Compensation commensurate with experience
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our award winning and well-established engineering design firm has an exciting opportunity for a Road Design Senior Project Engineer with Bachelor's degree of Science in Civil Engineering and five or more years of relevant hydraulic experience to join the team. The following is a detailed but not complete list of responsibilities:
• Interstates, Highways and Freeways
• Urban streets
• Various Intersections Including Roundabouts
• Interchange Layouts
• Design: hydraulic, drainage and stormwater management systems, and flood control design plans for transportation projects
• Monitor team operations from conceptualization to completion and assist the work of less experienced engineers and technical assistants
• Ensure adherence to client specifications and communicate with clients regarding updates and necessary adjustments
• Coordinate with other disciplines on multidiscipline projects and governing bodies to address stormwater erosion concerns
• Compile technical reports to meet INDOT requirements
• Perform quality control of plans, calculations, and reports
• Complete conceptual models within HEC RAS of potential FEMA flood plain impacts within the project corridor
• Provide engineering services specializing in floodplain and floodway delineations on behalf of FEMA, and soil erosion control plans
• Perform floodplain mapping and no-rise certifications
• Model and evaluate stormwater quantity and quality using HydroCAD software
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
• Licensed PE in Indiana (or acquire within six months)
• Experience with HEC-RAS, HY-8, HEC-HMS and HydroCAD, TR-20 and TR-55, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, StormCAD and SSA, Microsoft Office product software
• Strong Analysis and critical thinking skills
• Excellent communication and leadership skills to manage team performance
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, Our Client continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment they continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
Our client offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Programs.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting. TalentSphere is an equal opportunities employer and we look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions Inc.
Toronto: (416) 900-3435
Calgary: (587) 333-7929