Our client is a family-operated business with deep roots in Toronto. With more than 65 years of history focused on building single-family homes that delivered outstanding quality and lasting value. Over the years, our client grew to creating entire mixed-use communities, becoming a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary real estate development company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall supervision and control of all aspects of the work at the project site at all times, providing professional leadership for all site activities.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate work in accordance with the construction schedule, design documents and contract documents.
- Thoroughly review and ensure total compliance of work performed on site with all design documents/drawings, specifications, contract documents, policies and reports.
- Prepare and submit detailed and professional Requests for Information (RFI's) to the consultants as required.
- Review and inspect for quality workmanship and ensure work is being installed in accordance with industry standards and good practices.
- Documentation of any errors in the work and immediate notification to the responsible parties in writing together with supporting documentation.
- Coordination among the responsible parties and project consultants to ensure that any and all errors in the work are corrected promptly and to the satisfaction of the consultant(s) of record.
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in all field reviews and site inspections.
- Maintain detailed records of all site events including notes, photographs and reports.
- Responsible for overall health and safety at the project work site.
- Liaise with neighbors and members of the community to ensure positive relationships at all times.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the project team, including internal with the organization, clients, consultants and trade contractors.
- Maintain clear and constant communication internally with the organization on all matters related to site activities, lookaheads, site incidents, errors in the work, etc.
- Prepare and submit look-ahead schedules as required.
- The Site Superintendent shall ensure that no work take place that may be deemed extra to contract with first obtaining written approval from the Owner.
- Order concrete and rebar materials as required in accordance with the design documents and construction budget. Ensure that there is no wasting of materials and that materials are installed free of any defects. Keep records of all concrete and rebar materials received at the work site in the logs provided.
- Maintain a safe and clean work site at all times.
- Obtain look-ahead schedules from Trade Contractors and suppliers as required. Review and comment on schedules as needed.
A seasoned Senior Site Superintendent should display the following -
- Strong Leadership
- High level of Organization
- Hard worker with a high level of dedication that cares about the work and wants to grow
- Minimum of 10+ Years in Mid to High-Rise Residential, New Build, Full Cycle, Canadian Residential Construction Industry Experience
- Engineering background is considered an asset, but not a requirement
- Ability to travel to site located in GTA
- Our client is a reputable company which provides Construction Management services as a high quality boutique styled builder focusing on the mid to high-rise residential construction industry
- Tremendous growth opportunities with no shortage of high-profile projects. The company has a strong project pipeline with projects locked-in for the next 10-15 years
- Fantastic management team with a family-oriented culture, who know what a quality Senior Site Superintendent is worth
- Professional and motivated organization with a great reputation, experience, and excellent teams-oriented culture
Depending on level of experience, a seasoned Senior Site Superintendent should expect to start at -
- $160,000 - $200,000 base + bonus
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- A consistent pipeline of high-profile mid to high-rise residential construction projects throughout Toronto
- Immense opportunities for individual growth and career progression in Toronto's residential construction industry
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas