Our client helps developers achieve the highest standards in design and construction while ensuring the finished product is completed on time and on budget. Unlike a typical construction management firm, our clients looks at the big picture in condominium development to ensure the project team is working together to generate maximum value while ensuring total homeowner satisfaction.
Under the direction of the Site Superintendent, the Assistant Site Superintendent is responsible for:
- Review and inspect site work activities as directed by the Site Superintendent from foundations to completion of project, inclusive of all common areas and suites.
- Working with the sub-trades and suppliers to meet contractual obligations
- Schedule and monitor concrete, rebar deliveries
- Enforce company’s health and safety program
- Responsible for site conditions according to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ensure legal, regulatory and compliance requirements are considered for projects including but, not limited to Ministry of Labour, WSIB and Tarion.
- Liaise with contracts, safety, sales and customer service department
- Review consultants’ drawings, specs, shop drawings, features and finishes, all suite purchaser files to ensure all extras &/or upgrades have been installed
- Liaise with consultants and Site Superintendent on technical matters concerning discrepancies within consultants’ drawings
- Direct site laborer and handymen on their daily job functions as required.
- Assist the Site Superintendent in providing weekly reports on status of project, along with any inter-company reports and documentation as requested.
- Update and maintain construction Schedule; Discuss any issues with site superintendent and project manager that may impact schedule.
- In the absence of a Site Superintendent., the Assistant Superintendent. will supervise all staff and trades people on site
- 3+ years experience in construction as an Assistant Site Superintendent in high-rise residential projects.
- Have a post secondary education in engineering, architectural, or construction managements
- Have all necessary training/certifications (Working at heights, First Aid, WHMIS, and Basics of Supervision)
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Parts in OBC and ability to converse fluently with Inspection officers and municipalities
- Possess excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask within a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment
- Detail orientated individual, who can anticipate constructability issues and create solutions to conform to budgetary and scheduling parameters
- Proficient with Microsoft project, MS Office, Excel, ProCore
- Will be entitled to participate in the company benefit health Plan
- Will be entitled to participate in the company Pension Plan after two (2) years of service
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas