Senior Design Architect
Architecture & Design Firm
Competitive Salary Package
Other titles: Senior Designer, Design Lead, Design Director, Lead Designer, Design Architect, Architectural Designer, Senior Architectural Designer, AIBC Architect, Senior Architect
We are proud to be partnering with a large, national Architecture firm, with an office in Vancouver, as they search for a skilled, registered Senior Design Architect to join their team. This is a growing firm and is looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for excellent design, great service delivery and the capability to work with a variety of projects - high rise, commercial, mixed-use, multi-family, community, and cultural work. This firm boasts an impressive portfolio of work across Canada.
For this role you will be a registered architect and will be involved in the following:
WHAT YOU NEED
- Exceptional abilities working with and leading design through all phases from schematic through to construction documents
- Work collaboratively with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Liaise with clients to ensure satisfaction with design progress, excellent service delivery and execution throughout the entire process
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
- Work with models and presentations in the design process
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients
- To be successful in this role, you will need 15 or more years of industry experience and be registered or eligible to become registered with the AIBC
- Superior Design skills and possess an outstanding portfolio of work across a range of project types, including some large and complex work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative expertise and excellent problem solving
- Capable of working with models to help determine design scope and solutions
- Expertise in Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Enscape and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with 3D Studio Max and V-Ray preferred
- WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- An excellent compensation package
- Opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a strong management team
- Be part of a progressive, reputable and award-winning company, creating designs for some of Canada's most impressive buildings
- Work on large and complex projects
Keywords: Senior Designer, Design Lead, Design Director, Lead Designer, Design Architect, Architectural Designer, Senior Architectural Designer, AIBC Architect, Senior Architect, Vancouver, British Columbia, Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam, Alberta
If you're interested in this Senior Design Architect role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted.