5 + years experience
Very Attractive Base Salary + Benefits + RRSP matching program + Vacation
Our client, a leading furniture manufacturing business located in Toronto, ON, are looking for a Talented Accounting Manager (75-80k) for the main responsibilities listed below.
This is a collaborative environment and very focused on teamwork, we are looking for a candidate to have an open mind to work on projects outside of the responsibilities listed. This is a medium sized business who work together as a large team to hit their goals. This is a very strong team based business with a great culture and working environment.
Including the Accounting Manager the finance team is a total of 4 people with 2 people reporting to the Accounting Manager.
The VP of Finance is looking to hire a candidate who is reliable, dependable and has the willingness to work outside the box. There will be other projects the VP of Finance would like to include the selected candidate in so the right attitude is a key factor when applying to this position.
If you have 5 + years of Accounting Manager experience in Manufacturing (PLEASE SEE BELOW)
this could be your next great move. The company is known for growth and promoting within with skilled tenured employees. They distribute to all the major high-end furniture retailers in Canada and USA.
They have fantastic leadership and are very strong mentors who are looking for the same characteristics for in the selected candidate. I have recruited many position for this company in various departments and I can honestly say this is a great place to work and a great place to be mentored.
This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join a great business with a strong focus on customer retention who are well respected in the industry and always put their customers first.
The chosen candidate will have strong experience with all of the below bullet points ,
preferably in a manufacturing environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ACCOUTING MANAGER
- Overall responsibility for accounting
- Monthly financial closing and reporting
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable function
- Payroll for hourly and plant employees
- Accounting Journal entries
- Bank transactions accounting and reconciliations
- Year end audits
To oversee and perform duties primarily related to Sales, Accounts Receivable Management, Credit Risk Controls and Customer Collections for all group companies. Other responsibilities include Accounts payable, General Accounting, Payroll, Banking, journal entries, month end closing, HST and audit assistance. Prior experience in handling primary responsibilities of the job is a key requirement.
- Overall responsibility for accounting, AR, AP, GL, month end closings, monthly financial reporting and analysis with the accounting team
- Daily sales invoicing ensuring accuracy and completeness including POD back ups
- Weekly/Monthly sales reporting as per company formats
- Management of customer accounts
- Management of customer credit limits and Credit releases
- Customer collections and overdue balances management including full accounting
- Issuance of credit notes based on authorizations
- Accounting of sales commissions, rebates, royalties etc.
- Full reporting, filing and accounting of HST returns
- Full Bi-Weekly Payroll Cycle (ADP) preparation and accounting
- Annual EHT, WSIB account reconciliations
- Accounting for payroll, Government remittances, company pension plans
- Accounting for bank transactions
- Bank Reconciliations
- Weekly bank balance reporting
- Accounting and month end closings for group companies in QuickBooks
- Assistance with Year end Audits
- Responding to Management Queries
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 5 -10 years of relevant experience in a similar role with experience in handling of customer accounts, credit controls, banking and payroll (preferred)
- Excellent Analytical, Accounting, Organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong system skills to work using Accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge and Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Designated Certified Public Accountant / Equivalent or Candidate