Manager Engineering & Infrastructure Operations - Central Ontario
Competitive Compensation & Benefits
Other Similar Titles:
- Director or General Manager Engineering / Infrastructure
- Infrastructure / Municipal Engineer - Senior
- Asset Lead Engineer / Manager
The Manager of Engineering & Infrastructure is responsible for engineering & maintenance of all municipal assets including facilities, utilities & roads. The position will focus on processes and planning, problem solving, and dealing with emergent concerns. The Manager will advise & seek approval from the Senior Executive before making decisions on significant issues that may have financial, legal or political implications for the organization. This Manager role requires an active, engaged leader who can motivate and lead a diverse team as well as develop positive relationships with various user / stakeholder groups.
The Manager will effectively manage planning, construction, maintenance, and repair of all the organization's infrastructure and the respective operations - Utilities, Buildings & Transportation; this includes: road network & associated infrastructure, waste management transfer stations, water management projects, and vertical infrastructure (facilities), as well as act as a liaison between customers, contractors, engineers, and local authorities. The Manager may also manage the organization's fleet of vehicles and equipment.
Ideal Manager candidates will likely have most of the following attributes:
- 5+ years engineering municipal infrastructure technical & project management - ideally 3+ years formal team management & in a unionized environment
- Some solid operations leadership experience would be an asset
- P.Eng (PEO) preferred (eligible will be considered) - open to CETs / RETs with strong municipal experience
- A PMP would be an asset
- Leadership Training would be an asset but not essential
- MS Suite proficiency - advanced Excel & Access skills
- Working knowledge or experience working with various relevant regulatory acts ie, OSHA, Building Codes, Environment
- Some asset management planning experience ie,5-10 year plans
- Strong interpersonal, communication, & relationship building & management skills
- Work well under pressure, individually & with teams
- Have a valid Ontario Class G Driver's License or eligible
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas