Electrical Engineer - Buildings
Excellent Compensation & Benefits
Multidisciplinary Architecture & Engineering Firm
Other titles: Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Buildings Engineer, P.Eng, Professional Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Registered Electrical Buildings Engineer
TalentSphere is proud to be partnered with a highly reputable & established multidisciplinary architecture & engineering firm in beautiful Vancouver, BC. This company prides itself on fostering a collaborative and positive working environment for it's staff, including continuing educational opportunities, project exposure & a flexible, hybrid schedule. The firm focuses on the buildings sector with typologies ranging from commercial, industrial, institutional to mixed use, recreational & retail. This company has won many awards for its work over the last couple of decades and 80% of their work is from a repeat client base.
Our client is looking for a registered electrical engineer (P.Eng) to join their Vancouver office team.
As the Electrical Engineer, you will perform the conceptual and detailed design of building electrical systems in an integrated environment. You will coordinate design, working drawings and specifications with our in-house design teams and construction managers. You will act as an Engineer of Record and be able to perform the following:
- Design and supervise the design of building electrical systems, such as power distribution, lighting, life safety systems and communication systems and evaluate their effectiveness and adherence to the best engineering practices
- Coordinate design, working drawings and specifications with the other disciplines
- Conduct field reviews and building condition assessments
- Provide information required to issue site instructions, contemplated change orders and responses to contractor’s requests for information
- Understand, manage, reduce, and mitigate Contractual and Professional Liabilities
- Mentor and coach EITs and Designers
- Write reports on building systems, technical assessments, project design and other analysis as required
- Resolve project related issues and challenges and negotiate technical information with local authorities having jurisdiction
- Take responsibility for project closeout related to your field of practice
- Perform other project-related duties as required
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- 4 to 10 years of engineering experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, with a minimum of 3 years North American experience
- University degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited North American university or equivalent
- P.Eng. designation
- Registered Communications Distribution designer (RCDD) certification is an asset
- Previous experience with Institutional, Retail, Residential and Commercial projects, as well as power distribution, lighting, life safety systems design and all other building systems
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and an eagerness to master Revit
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, British Columbia Building Code, National Building Code, and other regulations and able to apply to projects in their respective jurisdictions
- Clear understanding of Contractual and Professional Liability risks and exposure as well as structured cabling and intelligent building concepts
- Experience with Environment/Sustainable design is an asset
If you feel that this role might be of interest to you, please apply ASAP as this firm is looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Only those who match the requirements, will be contacted. Thank you to all those who apply!
Keywords: Electrical, Engineering, P.Eng, Buildings, Designer, Vancouver, BC, Burnaby, Richmond
- To work with an established multidisciplinary company, specializing in the built environment
- Opportunity to grow professionally, with excellent mentorship
- Comprehensive benefits, package, fitness reimbursement & Employee Assistance Program
- Open concept office in proximity to sky train, restaurants & shopping
- Employee discounts
- Hybrid work model
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas