TalentSphere Staffing Solutions is partnered with one of the most trusted names within the HVAC space in North America. Our client is a manufacturer & distributor and carries one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry. They are in search of a Mechanical Sales Engineer for their Edmonton branch. Their primary responsibility is to promote all the mechanical manufacturers that they represent, and to provide accurate and timely support, to all stakeholders in the HVAC industry.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain relationships with all industry stakeholders (Engineers, Architects, Contractors, Developers, Owners etc.), to grow sales and expand market share in accordance with company goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Negotiate sales.
- Project manage the entire sales cycle from initial enquiry through end of warranty period.
- Self ‐ educate, and attend manufacturer’s factory / training visits, to ensure you are constantly up to date on the latest product developments and software tools. (Occasional travel)
- Understand, and remain current with, both industry and local codes and regulations, and market trends, to ensure we comply and can exploit opportunities.
- Service the engineering community in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain an understanding of our competitor’s product offering.
- Be able to identify, and maximize, opportunity.
- Carry out product selections for engineers and design/build contractors.
- Be able to interpret schedules, construction drawings, specifications, etc.
- Be able to do take ‐ off’s, prepare quotations and tenders, prepare and issue submittals
- The goal is to have represented products specified, or listed as an equal, on all projects.
- Cross train on other mechanical products, and air ‐ side products, so as to be able to identify opportunity for other represented products. Work with the air ‐ side team to create a full bid day package offering.
- Train and support colleagues on all aspects of mechanical products.
- Plan and implement new product introductions to the market.
- Visit job sites as and when on ‐ site challenges present themselves.
- Be an active member in the ASHRAE community.
- Prepare and distribute submittal packages and coordinate technical details during client approval.
- Collaborate with your peers to ensure all relationships are utilized to put us in the best position to be successful on all projects.
- Ultimately, provide feedback and recommendations on new products and services to our customers.
- Ultimately, develop and maintain relationships with mechanical contractors and engineers.
- Pro-actively participate in networking opportunities.
- Coordinate the preparation of budget prices at conceptual stage for Engineers, Architects, contractors and building owners once well versed in doing so.
- Provide customer service via phone and email for general inquiries and customer requests.
- Occasional inside sales duties such as processing parts and warehouse stock orders.
- Occasional post-sales duties such as warranty claims, tracking of shipments, and coordination of technical support.
- Assist the division manager and/or other sales team members on an as needed basis.
What’s in it for you?
- Theoretical knowledge or education/experience with HVAC mechanical equipment is an asset.
- Aptitude to learn how to read and interpret building specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, ethical business practices, and a reliable team member.
- You are a self-motivated , personable individual who is eager to learn.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- You have the ability to demonstrate initiative and success in business development.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Diploma in Engineering Technology would be an asset.
- Be honest and dedicated
The opportunity to develop your career with a highly respective industry leader within North America. A culture that puts teamwork and customer service as their focus and invests in the long-term success of their employees.
This position comes with a competitive compensation package including a pension plan, and a comprehensive benefits package. If this position is appealing to you, then please submit your resume (in word-doc form) to Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas