TalentSphere has partnered with an industry leader in civil infrastructure construction and excavation services. They are respected and recognized in the construction industry for their proven track record of delivering great projects with attention to quality and safety. Our client has built a reputation for providing a superior customer experience through focus on communication and ability to advance creative solutions to complex and challenging projects.
Together with over 100 employees, our cleint offers unique insight and attention to detail in their services, whether working on a straightforward site preparation or complicated specialty projects. They have the experience, specialized machinery, knowledge base and entrepreneurial attitude that allows them to deliver on a variety of projects.
They are committed, driven, creative and engaged with a collaborative spirit and desire for excellence. They offer a dynamic team environment, one with exciting challenges, growth potential and true camaraderie, as well as competitive compensation & benefits and continued educational support.
We are currently seeking qualified Pipe Layers
to join their team.
- Installing underground utilities to designed grades and applicable construction standards including storm, water and sewer mains and services.
- Pre-locate existing utilities and work with heavy equipment to ensure that existing utilities are exposed without contact.
- Installation of Hydro, Telus, and Shaw ducting.
- Utilize different shoring methods to provide a safe excavation for entry.
- Set up pipe laser and establish proper design grade.
- Organize all tools and equipment required for the job at the beginning of the shift.
- Digging with excavator to ensure trench grade, bedding depths, and backfill are installed correctly.
- Lay pipe to design grade ensuring proper tamping of pipe.
- Bolt up mechanically restrained fittings, valves, and pipe to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Cut concrete and set manholes, box culverts, chambers, etc. for different applications including live utility main overbuilds.
- Notify Foreman of any installation conflicts immediately.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Foreman.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as either a pipe layer or skilled labourer in a utilities installation setting including extensive experience with the installation of storm, water, and sanitary main and services as well as the installation of Hydro, Telus, and Shaw.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of tools and equipment required for the job
- Be completely familiar with cutting/beveling pipe
- Possess a strong understanding of safe excavations and WorkSafeBC guidelines for excavation requirements, and have the ability to work around excavation equipment and in tight areas safely
- Know how to assemble and install shoring or trench cages in excavations as required.
- Have an understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance
- Ability to thoroughly read, understand, and interpret civil construction plans and drawings.
- Ability to work under pressure in some situations.
- Must be willing to become a member of CLAC.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. If this position is appealing to you, then please submit your resume (in word-doc form) to firstname.lastname@example.org Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.