Intermediate Level Position
Vancouver, British Columbia
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Design and Architecture
BIM Lead, BIM Manager, BIM Specialist, Building Information Modelling Manager, BIM Director, Director of BIM
This is an excellent and very unique opportunity for an individual who is passionate about BIM and is ready to develop their experience further into a BIM Manager role. You will join a growing and developing team in leading the implementation of digital design platforms through various projects in the multi-family, commercial, institutional and mixed-use sectors in Vancouver, British Columbia.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a multi-disciplined firm with a strong reputation in the industry. With a focus on innovative designs and developments throughout North America, our client has established itself as a leader in the Design industry and has a great portfolio of work. They have a culture focused on collaboration and communication and have a strong Principal leadership team who is focused on strategic business practices that are contributing to the success and growth of the company currently and into the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The BIM Lead/Manager will focus on the efficient and effective implementation of digital tools that support the design process across the company. This role is more of an intermediate position for someone with a passion for BIM, good technical knowledge and some experience working with BIM processes, coordination and implementation in a firm. You might have experience as a BIM assistant, BIM Lead or BIM coordinator and feel ready to take your career to the next level. The BIM Manager will direct and assist in managing the processes and integrations of digital elements with a number of different systems throughout the Vancouver office. There will be a collaboration with other disciplines on how to manage project delivery more effectively with clearly outlined processes for others to follow within the company. This position will involve mentoring and coaching other staff in Revit, Building Information Modelling systems, and other technologies. You will also be involved in creating libraries, integrated systems and ensuring technology and standards are up to date. Collaboration, communication and support are some of the key elements that this position needs as its is a hands-on and dynamic position managing quality assurance with modeling with all project teams. This is a dynamic and busy firm so you will be working with BIM processes on multiple projects simultanesouly.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- B.Arch, Tech, Diploma in Technology, Master's in Architecture or other related Degree
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in a BIM related role (BIM assistant, BIM Coordinator, etc., with some BIM Management experience
- Experience with Quality Assurance, implementing plans for effective use and procedures with BIM and Revit
- Good research skills
- Excellent experience with Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo and other software applications an asset
- Experience guiding and working with teams and projects through the design and software implementation - capable of producing detailed working drawing packages and documents if needed
- Interest and passion for new technologies and software systems and ability to guide a digital proactive group through the new systems from beginning to end
- Capable of working with and producing libraries, templates, standards and manuals
- A detailed approach to project management with an entrepreneurial mindset
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design and digital technology
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Leading firm with new projects focused in sustainability, innovation and design
- Great compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth with new systems and courses through company support
- Excellent team and collaboration with support on all projects throughout the company
- Amazing opportunities to grow and develop your career further within the company
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate for the above position. Only candidates who meet the requirements above will be contacted. Position is open to candidates willing to relocate.
Keywords: BIM Manager, BIM Lead, BIM Technician, BIM Coordinator, Vancouver, British Columbia, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, B.C, Surrey, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Revit Lead, Building Information Modelling, BIM Architect, BIM Assistant, BIM Specialist, Building Information Modelling Specialist