Project Manager (Commercial Construction)
$90,000-$95,000 + Benefits & Bonus
Project Across the GTA
Minimum 5-7 years experience in Commercial Construction, having exposure to New-Build construction of between $1M-$10M in value.
Our client has emerged as a leader in the field of commercial construction. Their commitment is to provide prompt, courteous and efficient services while striving to exceed the expectations of their clients and industry associates.
Their proven track record and superior results sets them apart from the competitors. They are looking for job seekers who share their passion for professionalism and customer service. The individual must be self-motivated with high energy and the ability to interact with numerous individuals, in multiple functions, in a dynamic and changing environment.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the estimating, planning and execution of a project.
- The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including:
- Review all bid documents and define the scope of work, ensuring that it is comprehensive to the project requirements
- Tender new projects, establishing a rough project schedule and budget
- Analyze all bid submissions at all stages of the tender period for accuracy
- Finalize and submit all tenders prior to deadline
- Create a detailed work plan/schedule which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Establish a baseline schedule and update the schedule based on progress throughout the life of the project
- Establish a safety program utilizing our third-party safety consultant (TRH) and ensure all required safety documents/signage are on site as required prior to construction commencing
- Work with Senior Management to establish a project team
- Lead pre-job planning including estimate turnover, kick off meetings, subcontractor selection, material handling strategies and opportunities for risk management and improved productivity.
- Monitor all project spending
- Oversee performance of project, including: project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems, etc.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Commercial Construction, having exposure to New-Build construction of between $1M-$10M in value.
- University or College degree in a related field
- Proficient in the use of computers including excel, word and outlook
- Proficient in performing quantity take-offs
- Comfortable reading blueprints
- Familiar with building code requirements. Specifically, the OBC
- Excellent written and verbal skills – able to communicate in a timely and concise manner
- Strong construction knowledge and experience with estimating, project coordination and management
- Be a strong leader who is able to build relationship with both internal and external stakeholders
- Impeccable organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively
- Foster teamwork and always work efficiently with others to set goals
- Proactive with the ability to solve problems before they happen
- A confident decision maker who keeps the best interest of the organization top of mind
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas