Customer Care / Deficiency Management
Real Estate Development
Residential / Commercial
Reporting directly to the VP, Construction, the Handyman will be responsible for coordinating with Site Superintendents to manage unit turnover, quality control and unit finishing. This role will also have regularly scheduled tasks associated with the maintenance of the residential and commercial rental properties, as well as ad hoc responsibilities that will generally support the construction and head office team.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who really wants to grow with a mid-sized, tight-knit Vancouver-based real estate company.
What the Handyman role encompasses:
Quality control inspections
- Manage and conduct pre-delivery inspections to determine if work exceeds expectations in preparation for Homeowner orientations and occupancy with a high attention to detail and quality
- Provide reports to construction team regarding findings of inspections
- Conduct, review, and sign off homes from Construction to Homeowner care
- Attends meetings and performs miscellaneous duties associated with the deficiency completion for key turnover
- Create and maintain relationship with Team, homeowners and contractors
Service requests & repairs
- Coordinate deficiency repairs with trades that are under warranty period
- Perform caulking, silicone and drywall and painting repairs as needed
- Perform walk around for system checks, light bulb replacement and maintenance of equipment as needed on our income producing properties
- Maintain safe work practices and the use of environmental sound practices
- Work towards quality improvement in all areas
- Perform miscellaneous support functions or other duties as assigned by the VP Construction and senior management
Handyman Skills and Qualifications:
- Conducts homeowner orientations
- Complete or coordinate the repair of deficiency items identified at orientations prior to possession of homes
- Update CRM system once repairs are complete
- Review homes to ensure they are ready for possession
- Inventory maintenance
We are looking for an individual who is bright, hard-working, professional, confident, and dynamic.
- Experience and general knowledge/understanding of construction process and finishing sequence
- Ability to work with hand and power carpentry tools and other construction equipment
- An eye for detail and knowledge of construction quality standards
- Knowledge of BC’s Building Code is an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform physically demanding duties
- Have a valid BC driver’s license and a motor vehicle
Commensurate with experience, Benefits, and growth opportunities!
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas