Competitive Salary + 10% Bonus
Paid Vacation Days
Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, publicly traded stock options, group retirement plan
- Enhanced employee group benefits
- Annual wellness allowance
- Annual educational allowance
Our client is working to become one of the foremost proponents and providers of innovative commercial weapons threat countermeasures solutions for public safety. With a leading technology, top scientific research support, and prudent business leadership, the Company aims to quickly build itself into a recognizable brand and leader in the security sector.
We are seeking a Software Developer with experience in Java and Python. The ideal candidate will be someone who's very comfortable working in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for building and maintaining backend services of our real-time analytics platform. As a member of the platform team, your primary focus will be the development of high performance and robust services to capture, store and retrieve a variety of sensor data that integrate with the platform.
- Develop software for the Platform's backend, as directed by the platform's technical lead.
- Understand the high-level structure of the software and architecture of the platform and design solutions that fit within the architectural roadmap.
- Interface with other engineering groups to understand priorities and plan goals.
- Perform Code reviews on patches developed by peers.
- Work in an agile environment.
- Advanced Java programming knowledge
- Proven hands-on experience with Python and Java
- Working knowledge of at least one other major software development language C++ considered an asset.
- Experience writing decoupled software and microservices.
- Experience with message queuing frameworks (e.g. ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ).
- Working knowledge of Linux command line.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts including digital signal processing and machine learning considered an asset.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g. GIT).
- Database experience (SQL or NoSQL, maintenance, migrations)
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work well in teams.
- Ability to write clear, well-structured and documented code.
Full time permanent role conveniently located in Fredericton, NB.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas