is a professional firm providing project and construction management services throughout the G.T.A. and southern Ontario since 1991. The firm offers a full service to the development industry with a staff of over fifty experienced employees. Their forte is constructing high density residential housing from stacked townhouses to fifty storey buildings. They currently have an opening for a hardworking, multi-tasking and detailed individual with a positive and professional attitude to join the team as a full-time, Finishing Superintendent.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
This position requires:
- Responsible for all on-site construction activities associated with the suite and common area on a daily basis as they relate to the finished product; maintains official project log and documentation files
- Coordinates and implements the development of a construction plan and manages contractor activities related to suite finishing and related common area
- Supervises employees and contractors to ensure the effective execution of project plans and schedules within budget and project quality standards; effectively manages any disruptions or disputes
- Assures construction compliance with purchaser’s Agreement of Purchase and Sale, Schedule “A”, Colour Charts and all other design requirements
- Ensures the implementation of all safety programs to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adheres to safety and record keeping requirements
- Ensures all company, client and project policies, procedures, standards, etc. are adhered to; interprets policies as required
- Prepares suites for PDI inspections by Customer Service and facilitates the completion of all remedial work required post PDI inspection
- Schedules and attends inspections with all local authorities having jurisdiction to ultimately obtain suite occupancy permits
- Reviews and approves progress billing (as submitted by sub-trades)
- Post-secondary education in Construction or Engineering related fields is preferred
- A minimum of five years related experience in building construction services and processes, at least three years of which is at the Finishing Superintendent level
- Experience with Construction Safety and Building Codes and Standards is essential
- Good working knowledge of trade unions, their agreements and stipulations is an asset
Salary is between $100,000 to $130,000 per year with a car allowance of $3,600 per annum
- Works positively within a team to achieve a common goal of completion of the project
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as an integral part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Methodical; ability to plan and organize with good attention to detail
. They have a group benefits plan company paid, and retirement plan.
Hours of work will be 7:00am
Mon to Fri and the occasional Saturdays until noon.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas