TRANSPORTATION DESIGN TECHNOLOGIST
LANDLEY, BRITISH COLUMBIA
Our client, a reputable multi-disciplinary engineering firm, are currently seeing a skilled Transportation Design Technologist to assist them with producing detailed designs, working drawing packages and construction documents for a range of large scale Traffic and Transportation projects throughout Western Canada.
In this role as a Transportation Technologist in Langley, B.C, you will be involved in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities including Design, Production, Business development, Project Management and Team collaboration. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with the Design Manager and senior project teams liaison with clients and project project objectives
- Attend client meetings as well as internal meetings to review project plans
- Complete highway and roadway designs for various types of rural and urban transportation projects. Proficient Civil 3D and AutoCAD skills are an asset.
- Work with peers to problem solve and overcome technical challenges on engineering drawings and designs
- Collaboration with multi-discipline project teams to address complex project problems and provide comprehensive project solutions.
- Produce project construction cost estimates. Knowledge of project risk registers, contract documents and specifications (BC Ministry of Transportation and MMCD formats) are an asset.
- Support Engineer of Record’s during construction (field reviews, design clarifications) through to completion of post-construction drawing records and documentation. Construction experience is an asset.
- Support preparation of written material to document project work including memo’s, reports, plans, in a clear and concise manner.
- Work in accordance with Quality Management processes, ensure technical quality of deliverables.
WHAT TO DO NOW
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in a relevant field, ideally with at least 3+ years in BC.
- Professional designation (AScT) in BC.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work effectively in teams
- Capable using AutoCAD, Auto Turn, Civil 3D.
- Knowledge of TAC and BC Supplement design guidelines, BC Ministry Construction Specifications and MMCD standards.
- Team player with flexible attitude and strong organizational skills.
- Passionate about transportation.
- Travel in Western Canada as required.
- BC Driver’s License.
If you believe this is the perfect opportunity for you, apply now. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only those who meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Keywords: Highway Design Technologist, Design Engineer, Design technologist, Transportation Technologist, Transportation Engineer Technician, Langley, British Columbia, Surrey, B.C, Coquitlam, Vancouver, Lower Mainland, Engineering