Municipal Energy Coordinator
Alberta - Enjoy the Alberta Advantage!
Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Energy Coordinator / Advisor
- Energy Efficiency Specialist
- Energy Manager / Project Manager
The Alberta Advantage:
- Lowest income taxes in Canada
- No PST or HST sales taxes
- Canada's Top rank academic jurisdiction (Top 5 in world)
This full-time term staff position (1, 2 years or perhaps longer)
is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Energy Specialist / Manager to join a progressive and dynamic municipality in Central Alberta. Our client is looking for a unique individual who can successfully lead the development and execution of the Municipal Energy Management Program as mandated by the Climate Change Action Centre.
A good Municipal Energy Coordinator candidate will likely have many of the following attributes:
- BSc or MSc degree(s) in a relevant discipline (ie, Environmental or other Sciences, Engineering)
- Experience leading / coordinating the development & implementation of an Energy Management Plan & Program - within in a municipality would be an asset
- 3 to 5+ years experience with energy efficiency, renewable energy or environmental management systems project management in the public &/or private sectors
- Relevant credentials or in-process would be a definite asset: CEM - Certified Energy Manager, CP EnMS - Certified Practitioner Energy Management Systems, CSP - Certified Sustainability Professional, LEED AP BD+C or P.Eng / CET / PTeck / PLEng
- Having municipal work experience is an asset
- Strong Energy Program planning & execution Project Management skills & experience is essential - a PMP would be nice to have but not essential
- Ability to effectively work with multiple stakeholders (ie, municipal, Council, public, province) with a collaborative & progressive approach
- Good communication skills - verbal, written & presentation
If you wish to learn more about role and be considered for this excellent career opportunity apply with your resume.