Construction Safety Specialist
- Vaughan and GTA
- Great Company
- Competitive Compensation, Benefits plus perks!
Our client is a leader in the development and manufacturing of essential components for high-rise condominiums, office buildings and hotel construction, across North America.
Reporting to the Manager of Safety you will play a crucial within the Safety Team. This position works with internal and external parties including other construction companies. You will need to be a people person who can competently engage with other stakeholders including site supervisors and sub-contractors. You will should have a high attention to detail regarding safety standards and be able to hold your ground on safety issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Site visits with employees, sub-contracts and site staff
- Completion of site safety reports
- Inspections on site and make recommendations regarding hazard reductions and preventative measures
- Incident and accident investigations - determine cause and implement Safe Work Procedures
- Report back to management regularly regarding any site safety related issues, include general status updates
- Escalate significant safety issues to management and take part in follow-up action
- Part-take in site-specific safety training initiatives for employees and sub-contractors
- Manage WSIB process and status
- Maintain safety statistic and reporting
- Other Safety initiatives across the organisation
To be successful in this position you should be a natural problem solver with autonomous capabilities. The position is fast paced and forever changing.
- 2-5 years in Health and Safety - ideally in construction high rise environments
- Technical knowledge of the OHSA - related to construction projects
- Relevant qualifications Occupational Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Computer literacy
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
This position REQUIRES TRAVEL within the GTA. A car allowance will be provided.
Ready to apply? Our client is ready to hire!
Job Poster: Peter Humphrey
Job ID# 13583075