PRINCIPAL - LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Vancouver, British Coumbia
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture & Design
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for a Senior Landscape Architect/Principal Landscape Architect to join a growing and developing team in Vancouver, British Columbia. This locally based company has an incredible reputation nationally and is looking for a passionate individual to join their leadership team.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client has been a leader in the design industry throughout North America since it's establishment 40 years ago. With a focus in design, planning and engineering the company has built a collaborative group of individuals who are passionate about design and the spaces they create. The firm has demonstrated years of progressive growth with a great establishment in the local market and an organic growth strategy that allows them to expand sustainably through the development of long term client relationships and knowledge of the local market. It was established as one Canada's Top Best Managed Companies in 2018 and continues to hold that reputation as they grow further into new markets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Principal Landscape Architect will have a passion for outdoor planning and designs oriented around people and places. With experience working with an Architecture, Engineering and/or Planning firm, this individual will have a strong skill set in design and planning with institutional, commercial, mixed use and master plan development. Along with a passion for design and planning, the Principal Landscape Architect will lead a team of other Landscape Architects and Planners and will work closely with the Architecture, Engineering and Interior Design teams within the company. With projects located throughout North America this role will manage projects from inception to completion throughout the region working with the Principal leadership team on business development strategies as well as leading projects. There is a strong need for excellent communication and presentation skills with this candidate as the role requires interaction and management of clients and team members.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- B.Deg, Master's in Landscape Architecture, BCSLA Registered (or approved registration from another Province with ability to transfer)
- 15+ years' experience as a Landscape Architect in the architecture, design, engineering and/or planning industry
- Strong skill set and expeirence managing teams and leading projects from inception to completion
- Excellent technical knowledge and design experience within the industry with experience working in a consulting environment
- Portfolio of projects and designs within Canada that highlight design skills
- Experience working with technical programs like Vectorworks, AuotCAD, and REVIT are assets
- Detailed approach to project management with an entrepreneurial mindset in developing a team and leading projects forward through to completion
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design and planning a must
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Opportunity to move into Associate and Principal positions
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!