FACILITIES ASSISTANT - Contract
The successful candidate will perform preventative maintenance and other building operations tasks. The Facilities Assistant repairs, troubleshoots, inspects and completes service requests and conducts preventive maintenance in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that the physical condition of building, machinery and property do not deteriorate. Including, but not limited to: painting, woodwork, repairs to windows, doors, floors, plaster, drywall, roof and other parts of building structures.
- Attends to any HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues. Assembles, installs and/or repairs wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery and equipment.
- Conducts daily building and property inspections. Documents and corrects
all identified safety hazards.
- Responds to service requests (work orders) for repairs, installations and alterations.
- Maintains grounds, empties and cleans outside garbage cans and recycle containers. Removes debris from property; performs additional snow removal and gardening (beyond that covered by contractors). Maintains outdoor equipment – small engine maintenance and repairs.
- Dismantles, moves and assembles equipment and furnishings for events.
- Inventory control – advises when supplies need to be re-ordered.
- Monitors and supports compliance with appropriate safety plans and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all required laws and regulations that pertain to the operating of facilities in a safe and effective manner.
- Certificate from an accredited organization or post-secondary institution, specializing in building operations
- “G” Class driver’s licence (with at least 5 years of driving experience) is strongly preferred
- Training related to machinery, equipment and tools
- Minimum 1.5 years of experience in a related role
- Ability to lift and transport heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Ability to work shifts and perform on-call duties
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of WHMIS an asset
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Customer focused
- Strong Interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Models professional attributes and core values - communication, accountability, respect & excellence