Team Lead Supervisor Mississauga, ON Rugged production/manufacturing experience candidates will be of high interest 2-5 years of production management experience Hourly rate from $21 to $24 Per hour $42-48K annually + option for overtimeAttractive Base Salary + Benefits + great company perks + 2 weeks vacation
Our client, a construction / building materials business located in Mississauga, ON are looking for a Team Lead Supervisor $42-48K who is responsible for providing the direction and leadership for a team of 15-20 people. If you have experience managing a team in production this could be your next great move. The company is known for growth and promoting within. They have fantastic leadership and are very strategic thinkers. The Team Lead Supervisor is also responsible for ...............
This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join a great business with a strong focus on customer retention who are well respected in the industry. The chosen candidate will have strong experience with production/manufacturing within construction or garbage waste or metal or recycling... needs to have rugged production experience. About the company.
Our client is one of North America’s leading full service distributors and re-manufacturers of lumber. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading, motivating and coaching a team in our distribution and re-manufacturing facility.
o Proud to be named one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
o Repeat winner of CANADA’S BEST MANAGED COMPANIES
o One of Canada’s PROFIT 500 Fastest-Growing Companies
o Recipient of the 2017-18 Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESHealth and Safety:
- Report all incidents, accidents, and/or hazards.
- Participate and/or cooperate with the Joint Health and Safety Committee to improve safety.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensure product is stored according to stacking procedures
- Perform housekeeping activities as directed.
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
Order Processing and Storage:
- Review work orders to ensure proper signatures are present.
- Load, unload and move product according to instructions indicated on work orders.
- Pull stock and stage loads for shipping.
- Perform product back-up tallies on species, grade, purchase order number and mill numbers.
- Rotate stock as required and inform supervisor of any “stale” product.
- Verify orders for outbound shipments, tallies and remove mill tags.
- Receive and tally inbound product verifying purchase orders, driver’s paperwork and amount of product.
- Offload inbound product, attach mill identification tags and complete required paperwork.
- Ensure all inbound product is stored per Stacking Procedures.
- Ensure part bundles are shipped as applicable.
- Assist with issuing and printing of physical identification tags of all inbound products per Yard and Warehouse standards.
- Assist in verifying Supplier deliveries
- Assist with completing receiving slips for inbounds as required
- Communicate any discrepancies on inbound loads to product manager, inventory control clerk and supervisor
- Perform daily cycle counts in Warehouse
- Assist in verifying inventory availability
- Assist in generating tags for assigned bundles with required tag identification information
- Assist with verifying all tags are produced and placed on inbound product
Material Handling Equipment
- Perform daily forklift inspection and record the results of the inspection.
- Report safety requirements and/or damage to equipment to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensure product is stored, strapped and moved in a safe manner and to prevent product damage.
- Perform overall visual inspection of loaded product to ensure that it meets customer requirements.
- Using a measuring tape check length and thickness on all product to ensure it meets customer requirements.
- Check that product to be loaded is of correct grade and correct material as per customer requirements.
- Ensure that product, and equipment is not damaged during loading and unloading of product.
- Perform tallies on all product and ensure paperwork contains correct information and is legible.
- Report any discrepancies/concerns to Supervisor in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Communicate with administrative and supervisory staff as required and in a timely manner.
- Perform compulsory overtime as necessary and in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Perform tasks for special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in training as required.
- Knowledge of all grades of product lines.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong initiative and follow-up skills.
- Strong team player with ability to self manage and prioritize.
- Good math skills.
- Knowledge of unit of measure as it pertains to lumber and panels.