Full Job Description
This position is located at 663 Warden Av Scarborough, ON
The Facility Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the buildings, facility, plant, amenities, grounds, surroundings, silos, deposits, utilities (HVAC, Compressed Air, Ammonia systems) and all auxiliary equipment are in compliance with internal & external regulations and legislative requirements and in working order.
- Provide leadership and support to the overall vision and direction of Facility Maintenance
- Ensure Safety is a priority and that all maintenance employees are following all Health and Safety procedures
- Lead and support plant Continuous Improvement efforts including Lean activities (as relate to Facility/Structural/Configuration)
- Build the competency of maintenance personnel, ensuring collaboration and communication
- Monitor completion of job assignments and control overtime requirements (for both FT & Contracted personnel)
- Create SOP/OPL Facilities documentation and provide employee training
- Oversee the development and execution of the Preventative Maintenance program (as it pertains to the Facility)
- Supervise activities/work of Contractors and negotiate rates/contracts as required
- Manage & provide short/long-term direction for Facility Maintenance Upgrades/Repairs (Operational and Capital expenditure), administering budgetary requirements for AOP/STRATEGIC PLANNING.
- Collaborate with Sr. Managers on long-term strategic plans
- EY stakeholder in monthly JHSC meetings (Attend & Participate)
- Overall, inspection of building’s/ structures to determine the need for repairs/renovations
- Plan and coordinate all installations/upgrades & refurbishments (tele-communications, heating, electricity etc.)
- Review utilities consumption and develop systems/process to MINIMIZE direct and associated COST.
- Site Security System: ensuring it is properly maintained and monitored (Incl. Perimeter Fencing, Participation in Site CTPAT/Food Defense Team)
- Maintenance/Operation of the Refrigeration system.
- Maintenance/Operation of the following: Ammonia, Compressed Air, Hydro, Water, HVAC, Gas, Building, Grounds, and Storage.
- Maintenance/ Operation of the site SILO Systems (Flour, Sugar, etc.)
- Maintenance of the exterior areas of the property i.e., Parking lots, Landscaping, Exterior walls etc.
- Maintenance/operation of the alarm systems, sprinklers and fire exits.
- Control activities like Parking space allocation and Waste disposal
- Contractors used for maintenance of the building, building systems & external areas.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Maintaining both Financial & Non-Financial records/ administration
- Lead ALL dealings with External Compliance Audits and Regulatory Agencies (both Municipal & Provincial) within the scope of FACILITIES related matters.
- Post-secondary education in Facilities Management or a related field equivalent.
- A TRADE Certification in one of the following would be an asset – Electrical or Refrigeration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Facility/Plant management of a medium to large sized facility – preferably in food manufacturing.
- Thorough knowledge of Facilities Maintenance/Management and how to proactively maintain the overall health of the building and equipment
- Passionate about delivering consistent EXCELLENCE.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion when dealing with others both internally and externally (Contractors, Auditors, Customers).
- A proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both direct reports, peers and other TFF Team members.
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple tasks and competing priorities within short time lines.
- Effective Procurement and Negotiation skills and experience would be a critical asset.
- Proficient with computer applications – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email (i.e., G-mail).
- May be required to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Will be required to engage in bending, stooping, squatting and ladder climbing.
- Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
Health and Safety
- Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner.
- Participate in all Health and Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required.
- Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Report any damages of property and machinery.
- Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area.
- Ensure you comply with TSSA, ESA, OHSA, WSIB, MOL, Toronto City and Ontario Agencies regulations and/or laws that govern Systems Certification, workplace responsibilities and Comply with Tradition Fine Foods Ltd. Safety Rules, Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas