Looking to work with a reputable, award-winning North America- based international construction services company?
Their projects span across many sectors including large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies and making a difference for their clients.
They are looking for a Business Development Coordinator to join their collaborative team, and work directly with project superintendent, project managers and project executive to direct multiple projects accordingly. They are looking for someone who has a bachelors’ degree plus experience in complex and larger projects and with 4 years of related experience in the industry. Knowledge of building construction means and methods, scheduling, and cost control procedures.
This firm is one of the higher paying firms in the industry and allows for room for advancement. With staff of 10, 000 employees, the company completes $12 billion of construction on 1,500 projects each year.
Support daily administrative activities for business development team, maintain accurate customer data, generate reports, and engage with internal stakeholders to uphold business development strategy and goals within assigned market segment and/or region.
Essential Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Gather and organize available pursuit information and clearly communicate and keep team informed of expected timelines.
- Support presales administrative activities to contribute to strategy development process.
- Track and maintain lists of business opportunities in market segment and/or local region.
- Conduct research to identify and determine qualified target areas, projects, and clients in support of business development strategy.
- Input business unit requirements for CRM (Client Relationship Management System), processes, and ICC+Surety requests in compliance with internal timeline requirements.
- Produce accurate business development reports and scorecard to reflect state of pursuits.
- Coordinate with Marketing to support development of client centric proposals and presentations.
- Review proposal and presentation quality reviews for coherence, completeness, compliance, consistency, and correctness.
- Collaborate with marketing team to support project pursuit team in making effective presentations.
- Assist in preparation of technical briefs outlining project approach, relevant experiences, and strategic strengths in RFQ/RFP responses.
- Maintain strict adherence to company ethics and compliance requirements for all clients, contracts, and interactions.
- Work in collaboration with legal counsel to document and communicate contract risk summaries to business unit.
- Required to attend and/or participate in early morning and late evening events and meetings.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited degree program with minimum of 3 years of sales, sales administration, construction
industry, or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of Commercial Construction industry
- Knowledge of business development and sales processes
- Basic understanding of business fundamentals, risk management, and profitability
- Outgoing interpersonal and relationship building skills with professional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective active listening skills and follow-up practices
- Approachable and effectively interact with all employee levels, management, and clients
- Demonstrate accountability in all actions and able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Understand continuous improvement methods and tools, possess solid problem solving skills
- Embrace change and quick learner to adopt process and technology enhancements
- Work independently with little or no supervision, collaborate with others
- Flexible to extend working hours beyond normal working hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to be mobile and able to reach with hands. Employee
frequently uses computer keyboard, occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances, and
occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites and office locations, and/or off-site venues. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer
monitor frequently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the office. The noise in these work environments is
usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works at
construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to
loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws. The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this job.