Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with all urban planning functions within the land development department. This person will be involved through all stages of planning and approvals through to site servicing and municipal assumption. A working background in urban planning is encouraged. This person will report directly to the Vice President, Development as well as working with our external planner.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Be well versed with all regulatory facets of land development such as updates to the Planning Act, Greenbelt Plan, Provincial Policy Statement, etc.
· Be familiar with municipal secondary and official plans as they relate to the company land holdings and as amended from time to time.
· Review and stay apprised of relevant zoning by-laws and amendments.
· Assist in creating efficient plans of subdivision.
· Initiate and pursue arguments to support more efficient plans which maximize yield.
· Review and be familiar with all Cost Sharing Agreements for which the our client is a signatory.
· Track financial obligations and recoveries as they related to Municipalities and Cost Sharing Groups.
· Attend Landowner Group meetings.
· Assist in managing the various projects to ensure critical timelines are being achieved.
· Assist in creating, reviewing and managing project schedules and checklists.
· Review and update municipal assumption trackers.
· Participate in weekly team meetings.
· Work with and coordinate relevant Consultants.
· Manage security reductions.
· Assist in reviewing and updating budgets.
· Review purchase orders and invoices.
· Assist the Vice President, Development as needed.
· Work closely with the Project Manager and Development Administrator as required.
· Assist in various tasks as required and requested
Qualifications- The successful candidate will have the following
· An Urban Planning university degree
· Be well versed in the Planning Act and all relevant Acts and Regulations.
· Possess superior logical and critical thinking skills.
· Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills.
· Be able to sift through information and extract valuable excerpts.
· Possess exceptional professional written and verbal skills.
· Exhibit professionalism in all situations.
· Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Be able to comfortably and competently work with numbers
Salary range of 75k to 150k based on experience
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas||469.498.2002|