Heavy Civil, Deep Foundations
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable fast growing Heavy Civil Contractor based in Toronto, Ontario. Our client is well established with a portfolio of high-profile projects extending through the province. The majority of projects are GTA based and this role will be based in Mississauga and partly in Brampton.
Projects are complex and our client is offering an abundance of learning opportunities to even the most experienced individual. The environment is ambitious, driven, innovative, and values empowering people to make their mark from day-1 with the company.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Must have Post Secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have formal education in the field of equipment maintenance, mechanical or process engineering preferred, or Millwright
- Must be flexible to support off shifts for education & training purposes
- Machine programing experience/understanding is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including Power Point, Excel, Word
- Embrace ‘apps’ in support of the needs of the business
- Aptitude for adopting and applying new technology and software
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Must have proven team building & leadership skills.
- A demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional and mature attitude.
- Proven working experience in construction and/or similar types of equipment and parts.
- Successful candidate will be required to go to job sites/yards as necessary.
- Understanding the various facets of the construction process.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Manage and oversee all aspects relating to the effective operation of all equipment within the various Construction sites and yards.
A structured & organized individual, the Equipment Manager will support our maintenance and Parts department and be ultimately responsible for coordinating and organizing all installations, Programing, repairs, and upkeep of the equipment supporting operations.
The Manager will ensure the organization remains compliant with all applicable legislation with respect to ESA, CSA equipment.
Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
Collaborate closely with the shop/field mechanics to develop and assign priorities on PM and repair needs, while also overseeing the coordination of asset distribution to various sites based on timing needs of PM's and site requirements.
Oversee the Equipment Parts Inventory Management of the business, as well as, have the experience to on board asset management software tools to allow the business to manage both vehicle/equipment maintenance and cost management.
Work closely with other internal stake holders regarding Equipment rental needs, in so far as ensuring our rental needs are minimized, as we look to optimize uptime for company assets to meet our day to day site/yard needs.
Develop a Culture of Continuous improvement and cost management
Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance
Establish and maintain detailed equipment ‘usage’ records to support annual review of equipment utilization rates.
Supervise and lead all maintenance processes and operations Maintain Training Matrix and Supervise training progress as relates to equipment use and maintenance.
Manage, control, document, advise, educate, plan programing, plan maintenance and structure repair activities. Develop schedules including but not limited to:
Annual PM on all wheeled, tracked and construction equipment
Annual Vehicle certifications and inspections
Project specific maintenance of equipmen
Regular inspections for the facilities to detect and resolve problems and ensure any regulatory requirements
Oversee the Fleet maintenance management requirements (ie F150’s, F550’s and Ford Edges) of the business.
Maintain and enforce high standards for health and safety across all related areas
Maximize efficiencies and develop consistent and creative means and methods to remove barriers to productivity to increase, add value and save costs on projects.
Develop and deliver quality projects reliably, sustainably and environmentally focused
Coach and mentor team members to foster a culture of betterment of the business and individuals who work within the business
Provide troubleshooting and issue resolution, often taking the lead on solving these problems.
Detail oriented and constantly looking at ways to improve the process and maximize production efficiencies.
Create, develop and innovate solutions to make processes efficient, safer and more productive
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package.
- Join a collaborative team that values your input & expertise; make an impact from day 1.
- Chance to learn from established industry experts and help to take the company to the next level
- A rapidly growing industry with great development opportunities.
If you believe this opportunity as Equipment Manager could be the right fit for you and you meet the requirements listed above, click apply
Keywords: Heavy Civil Construction, Toronto Construction, Water Sewer Construction, Tunneling, Microtunneling, Trenchless Technology, Infrastructure, Toronto Infrastructure, Ontario Infrastructure
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas