Toronto / GTA
Healthcare, Education, Commercial
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
This is an opportunity to build your career with a well-known and well-respected General Contracting and Construction Management firm. This company specializes in renovation and addition projects at hospitals, universities, colleges and some commercial buildings. You will be working on interesting, challenging and varied projects in a progressive, motivating environment.
As a Project Coordinator you will work in conjunction with the Project team to ensure that all construction documentation is prepared and submitted in a timely manner with utmost attention to accuracy and detail. You will be responsible for all administrative tasks required to bring projects to completion in a timely and cost effective manner. A selection of responsibilities includes:
- Prepare, generate various documents for and maintain project files
- Assist with all communication with project stakeholders including subtrades, consultants and clients
- Generate and log Purchase Orders, RFIs, CORs etc.
- Work with Project Manager to correctly process shop drawings and other project and closeout documents
- Attend project meetings (own transportation required); take clear minutes and distribute with efficiency
- Prepare invoice and progress draw to the issued in conjunction with Project Manager
- Prepare documentation from start to finish taking ownership and implementing measures to ensure accuracy
What's in it for you?
- A construction related degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
- A minimum of 1 year of ICI construction experience
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives
- A positive demeanor and a "make it happen" approach
You will be making your mark on hospitals, universities, colleges and commercial buildings across the city. This is company that offers a collaborative working environment and a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Thank you for your interest. This role is being hired to start immediately so please submit your resume ASAP.