Rainwater Management & Climate Adaptation Professional
Engineering Consultancy - Water Practice
Rainwater Management, Climate Adaptation, Green Rainwater Infrastructure (GRI)
Vancouver / Surrey, BC
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, our client is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. Specializing in all levels of government, First Nations, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector, their team of over 450 employees, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Their thriving Vancouver office is looking to hire a Rainwater Management & Climate Adaptation Professional to enhance their current practice. Teams work closely with clients to solve complex, multi-stakeholder issues through the delivery of high-quality strategic planning and engineering services. They are known for their ability to solve complex technical challenges, for clear communication, and for the ability to integrate unique needs and multiple perspectives in developing practical solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow the established Water Practice by providing strategic watershed planning, integrated stormwater management, climate change adaptation, and the design and construction of stormwater systems, green infrastructure and related infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be driven to build relationships with clients based on excellent service and strong technical problem-solving skills. This role presents significant opportunities to serve clients in Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, and Vancouver Island. The candidate in this role will also work with colleagues in other markets throughout BC and Alberta and must be effective in leading and contributing to teams.
While the specific activities for this role will depend on the background experience and qualifications of the individual, the successful candidate may be responsible for the following:
Rainwater Management & Climate Adaptation Professional duties:
Rainwater Management & Climate Adaptation Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Establish and maintain client relationships related to your practice;
- Collaborate with a diverse and interdisciplinary team of professionals to identify and support market opportunities, practice planning, and team development;
- Lead integrated strategic rainwater and climate planning initiatives such as integrated stormwater management plans, engineering servicing plans, climate adaptation strategies, and rainwater infrastructure master plans;
- Leverage technical staff to undertake and guide analytical work related to rainwater such as hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, water quality analysis and climate change projections;
- Lead engineering design assignments related to rainwater management and green infrastructure with the ability to support other related infrastructure practices and clients;
- Provide project leadership and mentor junior and intermediate staff;
- Prepare reports and strategic plans;
- Develop proposals, work plans, and budgets in response to clients needs and objectives;
- Collaborate with colleagues to prepare engineering designs, cost estimates, capital and implementation plans, risk assessments, and related documentation; and Coordinate the efforts of multi-disciplinary teams through
You are passionate about a career in integrated rainwater management, climate adaptation, and green rainwater infrastructure (GRI). You have a minimum of 6-10 years of demonstrable experience in these areas and are a P.Eng. registered or registerable in British Columbia or a related professional designation with qualifications relevant to rainwater management. You will be a proactive leader in these areas; both internally within company Water Practice, and externally with our clients.
The primary client market will be Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, and the Sea to Sky corridor. Demonstrating established client relationships and project experience in these local markets will be favourable. You will also lead and support initiatives across all company markets from time to time. Ideally, you will possess skills in strategic infrastructure planning, modelling and analysis, and design and construction for all forms of rainwater management infrastructure including green infrastructure. Priority will be placed on strategic planning (e.g., Integrated Rainwater Management Plans), modelling and analysis. You will have modellers and analysts available to support you, however, you must demonstrate a solid understanding to guide others doing the modelling and analysis.
You possess excellent communication skills in evaluating infrastructure choices, making decisions and communicating trade-offs with an uncertain future climate, and balancing the interests of many. You are a natural collaborator and have experience leading interdisciplinary teams of engineering, environmental, geoscience, landscape architect, and land use professionals.
Rainwater Management & Climate Adaptation Professional Renumeration:
- Market leading compensation, Benefits, Educational Benefits, RRSP match
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment
- Ongoing career development and learning
- Meaningful rewards and recognition
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we offer a flexible work arrangement with both in-office and at-home working potential. Our work does at times require in-person client meetings as well as face-to-face meetings while maintaining safety protocols. Therefore, the individual will need to reside in Greater Vancouver.
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.