Architect - Intermediate or Senior
Architecture & Design Firm
Other titles: Intern Architect, Design Architect, Project Architect, Intermediate Architect, Project Manager, Architect, Senior Architect
This busy firm is looking to add a skilled Architect to their team in Toronto, Ontario. Specializing in commercial, and complex high-rise multi use projects across many sectors, this firm boasts an impressive portfolio of work as well as a collaborative, driven environment.
As either an Intern architect or a registered architect in Ontario, you will be involved in the following:
• Work energetically with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
• Are passionate about good design and have a strong portfolio of work to demonstrate your excellent design skills
• Work with establishing, maintaining, and adherence to project budget and schedule.
• Supervises the preparation of technical drawings by other less experienced architects or professionals.
• Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
• Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and Best Practice standards.
• Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
• Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff
• Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
• Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
• Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
• Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
• Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
• Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
• Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout the project.
• Leadership potential is an asset
You will be assisting in all phases of project work and will be able to work with minimal supervision in completing and directing tasks. You will be working with Revit and a range of other software platforms, all the time being a part of a collaborative team and working productively with other staff members to achieve project objectives. You will have strong design skills and creative ideas to come up with unique solutions for projects, liaising with clients and various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
WHAT TO DO NOW
- 8 - 15 years of experience as an Architect or eligible to be registered with OAA
- You will ideally have a range of project experience with public, community, mixed use, residential and institutional project work behind you
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is also essential
- At least 5 years of Canadian and preferably local experience
- Strong knowledge of building code and bylaws
- Excellent Revit skills, a strong sense of design and a good portfolio of work
- Strong sense of work ethic, honest and have a collaborative approach
If you're interested in this role click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Keywords: Architect, Architect, Design Architect, Ontario, Toronto, Project Manager, Designer, Lead Architect, Intermediate Architect, Intern Architect BC, Licensed Architect, Project Architect, Canada, OAA