Competitive Salary and Benefits
RRSP Matching & Annual Bonus
Other titles: Architectural Technologist, Architectural Drafter, Draftsperson, Senior Draftsperson, Architectural technician
Relocate to beautiful Belleville, a small town situated on Lake Ontario.
Our client, a very well established and successful company in Belleville, Ontario, has engaged TalentSphere to facilitate their search for a Senior Drafter or Architectural Technologist. We are looking for a talented Drafter with experience in drafting, producing working drawing packages and construction documents, permitting, site plan approvals and other municipal processes. Ideally the candidate will have some commercial project experience. The succesful candidate can enjoy a more remote location of Belleville, Ontario, surrounded by plenty of forest and right near Lake Ontario.
The responsibilities of this role include:
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Develop and prepare designs and drawings from initial ideas, scope of works, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets & other data
- Where necessary, code review of more complex projects prior to proposal & estimate being completed
- Complete detailed review of project for building code, SB10 and bylaw requirements.
- Complete full set of drawings, architectural site plan, elevations, foundations, floor plan, sections and details, including 3D renderings when required.
- Obtain authorization letters, property abstracts and surveys, from clients, governing authorities, etc.
- Review sales scope of work and develop working drawings in accordance with this scope
- Rendering preparation
- Understand client requirements and prepare conceptual plans & designs for their approval
- Building code matrix reviews for sales purposes
- Assist project managers & sales staff with pre-qualification & tender submission packages
- Coordinate drawings with all consultants
- Tendering for sub-trades
- Permit applications
- Site visits, as required
- Assisting with site plan approval process, including interacting with municipal departments for permissions and approvals
- Preparation of project close-out documentation (as-built drawings)
- Ensure drawing files & folders are kept up-to-date and organized for easy retrieval.
- Maintain all related emails into an organized ‘filing’ system for quick & easy reference and/or retrieval, if necessary.
- Provide ongoing suggestions for improvement, coinciding with continual learning and industry knowledge
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Educational background in Drafting or Architectural Technology
- BCIN Registration an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD and Revit
- Ongoing learning of overall industry, including building materials, construction methods & standards
- Knowledge of building code an asset
- 5+ years of experience
This company has been successful for over 40 years and offer a collaborative and friendly work environment. They offer you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits program, RRSP matching and an annual bonus.
WHAT TO DO NOW
If this position as a Drafter or Architectural Technologist in Belleville sounds like a great fit for you and if you meet the criteria outlined above, please submit your resume as this role is being hired ASAP. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates who meet the requirements of the position listed above will be contacted.
Keywords: Architectural Technologist, Drafter, Draftsperson, Senior Drafter, Belleville, Ontario, Kingston, Whitby, Markham, Architectural Technician, Architectural Drafter, GTA, Ottawa, Peterborough, Montreal