Health Safety & Environment Program Manager - Canada
Competitive Compensation & Benefits
Other Similar Titles:
- Senior or Regional H&S Manager
- H&S Specialist / Senior Advisor
- H&S Program Manager
This newly created Health Safety & Environment Manager opportunity with a fast growing company, ideal candidates will see this opportunity as "the glass half full" with the added bonus to make your mark by filling the rest of the glass!
The HSE Manager work collaboratively with and provide leadership to all Canadian HSE Teams / Committees to improve safety culture and initiatives leading to further improved safety performance, regulatory compliance & corporate standards enterprise wide. Based in Calgary (Corp HQ), the HSE Manager will require some travel to the other 11 Canadian offices - likely up to 50% in the first 3 to 6 months to establish effective relationships then on an as needed basis to conduct seminars & information sessions, attend partnership meetings and attend conferences.
Some Key Responsibilities are:
- Collaborate & engage with regional offices to identify & resolve safety & environment issues / exposures on a prioritized proactive basis, promote consistency & operational safety / environment excellence
- Develop, maintain & execute Corporate Safety & Environment Program including risk management, incident investigations & training
- Manage ‘Compliance Partner’ integration with company policies, practices & processes
- Establish best practices & performance standards in operations, enhance safety & environment culture by evolving management systems & safety culture to achieve sustainable & industry leading performance
- Lead, participate / facilitate, various internal and/or external audits and reviews, including Certificate of Recognition (COR), security, emergency management, safety / enviro culture, inspections, hazard assessments, etc.
- Mentor & coach staff - leaders to employees to improve safety skills, act as a resource & SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the HSE Program, Construction and Contractor HSE Manual, Emergency Management & Security program elements & all applicable company policies
- Safety & environment record keeping, investigation & analysis of incidents accidents, produce statistical data on H&S performance & trends
- Conduct incident investigations, reporting and follow up to prevent recurrence
- Creating & ensure maintaining / updating all HSE policy manuals, documents & individual employee files in conjunction with the Company records
- Responsible to update and coordinate company Business Continuity plans
- Establish, maintain, and enhance working relationships with stakeholders, including regulators who have jurisdiction over operations.
The ideal HSE Manager candidates will likely have most of the following:
- 10+ years progressive HSE compliance & program experience with a solid track record impacting HSE KPI's, plus 5+ years in a H&S lead role in Canada within the commercial / institutional construction, restoration &/or engineering sectors would be an asset
- CRSP, CSP, EP &/or other recognized HSE designation
- A related degrees & diplomas are assets (degrees preferred)
- Solid communication skills - verbal, written & presentation
- Strong HSE facilitation & training skills
- Excellent ability to plan & drive HSE improvements
- Strong HSE analytical & strategic skills including Best Practices evaluation, design & implement HSE programs
- Solid organizational skills & leadership competencies including demonstrated success in building and sustaining relationships with staff, internal customers & colleagues, and comprehensive change management experience
- Proven applied HSE auditing fundamentals including risk management practices
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License.