Our client has led their industry for the past 30 years, and we are searching for candidates with the leadership ability and Technical skills to continue designing and producing highly robust and resilient products for the toughest sea conditions.
In this role, the incumbent ensures the effective management of the technical department, outside resource, and ensure planning and production methods achieve the objectives of the company in respect of schedules, budgets, and quality.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsibility of cost management, resource and scheduling requirements for new projects.
- Overall responsibility for the design and development of new boat models in aluminum or composite construction.
- Design/develop new features and accessories for military/professional boat applications.
- Oversee qualification of new products.
- Update/modify existing designs to take advantage of new materials and processes.
- Coordinate outsourced and in-house design/prototyping resources on new product developments.
- Identify solutions to customer specified mission requirements.
- Assist Engineering department with production engineering for new or custom projects.
- Provide Sales/marketing department with technical input for proposals and advertising.
- Provide Quality Assurance department with test procedure and pass/fail criteria.
- Interact (verbal and written communication) with clients, suppliers and other departments.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Held a planning management position for at least 2 years in a shipyard.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of modern, cost effective shipbuilding processes.
- Proficient in use of Autocad, Solidworks, Rhino software.
- Proficient in use of Office software (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Proficient in planing craft hull design and hydrostatic analysis.
- Proficient in outboard and inboard diesel propulsion system design.
- Working knowledge of ABYC and ISO small boat construction guidelines.
- Fluent in English written and verbal communication
- French language proficiency desired.
- Canadian passport and able to travel outside Canada.
- University degree in Naval Architecture and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer Licence required
Apply today for immediate consideration. Confidentiality is guaranteed.