Senior Staff Accountant
$75,000-90,000 plus benefits, a great working environment and opportunities for continued growth
Our established public accounting firm client in the Markham area is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to add to their growing practice!
About our client
Our client offers a variety of Services including, Audit, Review and Compilation, Bookkeeping, Tax Services (personal, corporate, estate and will) and In-Depth corporate Consulting Services including M&A, Advisory, Financial Statement and International Tax and more. Having decades of combined experience, they are one of the GTA’s most established firms.
About the role
This opportunity will help grow the company's Audit & Assurance practice
About the candidate
- Plan, scope, and direct both private and public company audit and assurance engagements
- Assist clients with budgeting, internal controls, financial and accounting transactions
- Deliver expert industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and quality deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of clients while ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- CPA designation is required plus a minimum of 3 years post designation experience.
- Experience with IFRS, ASPE, ASNPO
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects against deadlines and budget
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties
Interested in pursuing the Partner Path??? This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a mid size...and growing accounting firm and be subject to a variety of interesting work and engagements. This company offers stability, growth and an opportunity to grow into Partner if that's your desire!!!