Administrative and Operations Assistant
Not for Profit
$40,000-$42,000 plus great benefits
Our NPO client in the downtown area is looking for a strong office and facilities administrator to assist the site leaders with a variety of administrative and operational tasks.
About our client:
Our NPO client is a local not-for-profit organization that works with the community youth. They are an innovative organization that offers unique programs and are committed to hiring a diverse workforce to reflect the populations they serve.
About the role:
This position works with the Site Manager as operational support with a variety of administrative and operational tasks.
About the candidate:
- Answer and redirect telephone calls and messages; prepare and accept deliveries; sort and distribute mail and correspondence as required
- Organize and schedule appointments, meetings and teleconferences
- Coordination of schedules for meetings, deadlines and travel as needed, update contact lists
- Order supplies and equipment and handle incoming invoices
- Sending and receiving couriers
- Support with the coordination of data collection, format data for presentations and reports; present critical information in visually compelling ways
- Monitoring, ordering and distributing supplies to other sites
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience providing administrative and operational or facilities assistance, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Post-secondary education in Business or Office Administration an asset
- Organized, resourceful, innovative, detail-oriented, reliable, punctual, and able to multi-task with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate typing (approximately 50 wpm) and computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer.
- Excellent ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters and interacting with staff, youth and visitors
- MUST have a valid driver’s license with clean 3 year abstract
- Excellent time management skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- You MUST pass a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check
This is an excellent feel good company that offers a great working environment and opportunities to grow personally and professionally! Feel good leaving work every day knowing the organization you work for makes a daily difference to the youth in your City.