Residential Multi-family Wood Framed
4 x 6 Storey Buildings
$140,000 - $170,000
Reporting to the Chief Construction Officer, the Project Manager is responsible for organizing and managing Project Managers and Coordinators and ensuring the successful execution of projects from planning to completion while employing appropriate project management methodologies.
Project Manager Key Responsibilities
Project Manager Education & Experience
- Perform regular project reviews with Project Managers for all construction projects and monitor attendant project risks and progress
- Monitor the number and average age of RFIs outstanding on a regular (min. monthly) basis and review exceptions with Project Managers
- Monitor the number and average age of Contemplated Change Notices (CCN’s) on a regular (min. monthly) basis and review exceptions with Project Managers
- Monitor the number and average age of Change Orders on a regular (min. monthly) basis and review exceptions with Project Managers
- Monitor and review Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule updates on a regular (min. monthly) basis with Project Managers
- Monitor the number of outstanding shop drawing submittals by project on a regular (min. monthly) basis
- Ensure timely approval of pending invoices by project teams
- Monitor timely submission of progress invoices and collection of A/R by Project Managers
- Monitor and review planning for commissioning and project close out
- Assist Project Managers in resolution of commercial issues with clients and subcontractors
- Liaise with Senior Superintendents as required
Senior Project Manager Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years of experience in managing complex or multiple projects in the industrial, commercial, and institutional construction industry
- 5+ years progressive management experience including management of multiple layers of staff Professional Engineering accreditation, preferred
- Master’s in Business Administration, an asset
- PMP or Gold Seal Certification, an asset
Similar Job Titles
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Working knowledge of various processes for managing cost, schedules, and quality on medium and large-scale construction projects
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, people management, project execution, cost control, quality, and administration
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Project, Procore, and Bluebeam Revu
- Advanced Excel knowledge, Sage 300, AutoCAD, and/or Revit are all assets
Senior Project Manager
Project Manager Salary
Commensurate with experience, full benefits package, and lots of other perks!
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas