We are seeking a Site Performance Manager with a mining machinery background for an opportunity with a reputable industrial equipment dealer company. The ideal candidate will be in the Fort McMurray area (or is willing to relocate) and will act as the main point of reference for our clients' customers operations. The Site Performance Manager will concentrate on introducing technologies and programs to enhance equipment and mine system performance, increase mine efficiency, and decrease the cost per ton. The client needs someone who is flexible and has the vision to build.
- Superb compensation and benefits (including bonus and pension plan)
- Career advancement opportunities
• Grasps both internal and external customer needs and responds accordingly. Advocates for customer expectations and creates unique solutions to fulfill them, utilizing internal resources when necessary.
• The role frequently deals with intricate and multifaceted issues that require thorough examination and diagnosis. These problems can be uncommon and may require innovative solutions. This role may adapt existing methods or devise new ones. This role prioritizes tasks and creates a work plan to accomplish objectives and attain desired outcomes. It plays a crucial role in achieving key quality objectives such as mechanical availability, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, equipment management, efficiency, cost reduction, and mine site key performance indicator achievement, among others. The position changes the way work is performed to meet quality goals.
Equipment and Mine System Performance
• Collaborate with OEM representative to bring client and customer resources together to enhance or maintain specific equipment performance key performance indicators, such as physical availability, mechanical availability, and productive performance of Caterpillar mining equipment. Jointly design, execute, and oversee product support and equipment management procedures at the site.
• Accountable for driving site performance enhancements based on data trends. Accountable for aligning corporate and customer metrics, including overseeing resolution of product issues at the mine site. This role serves as a consultant to customer operations and executive management, providing guidance on the appropriate selection of equipment, management of product problems, and equipment management activities.
• Establish and maintain high-level relationships with business decision makers and subject matter experts. Create, execute, and oversee a relationship strategy for all functional areas.
• Responsible for representing our client to customers. The SPM cultivates relationships built on trust, integrity, and honesty through their actions. The SPM guarantees that our client and their OEM maintain cordial relationships with the customer within the context of the operating structure including operations, engineering, maintenance, executive, technology, procurement, etc. (as necessary).
• Manage customer service site performance. Identify trends and potential issues, draw on internal support to identify root cause and implement corrective action.
• Responsible for the well-being of certain crucial operational metrics as outlined in the monthly site branch scorecard.
Qualifications for the role:
• Minimum 4 years experience in a technical role with a focus on providing solutions for customers with Post-secondary education in fields such as: Mining Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
• Minimum 10 years experience in mining or construction operations with an in depth knowledge of computers and mining/heavy civil construction technology
• Confident in serving as the primary point of contact at customer sites and implementing / supporting new technologies such as: MineStar suite of products, CUBIQ, app developments, production studies and creation of real-time KPI dashboards.
• Minimum 2 years of on-site oil sands mining experience in a technical role
• Comfortable with understanding and implementing new technologies
• Strong leadership & communication skills
• Proven problem solver who can deliver on all project phases without direct supervision
• The successful candidate has a good understanding of best practices for mine equipment dispatching
• Experienced with various office programs MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Possess exceptional interpersonal skills to handle delicate matters, mentor others, or guide others within and outside the business unit to take specific actions.
• Direct Mine Operations experience on-site would be considered a strong asset
• Consulting experience would be considered an asset
• Mine Planning experience would be considered an asset
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas