Job Title: Director of Finance
Industry Sector: Medical /Retail
Salary: $135,000-150,000 plus bonus and full benefits Day 1
Our established and growing client in the medical service space is looking for a strong Director of Finance for their shared services team in the Guelph area.
About our client
Our client is the parent company and home to shared services for over 100 independent operations across Canada. Reputable, professional and working within a growing niche market, this company is a fantastic place to work!
About the role
Working closely and reporting to the CFO, the Director of Finance will be responsible for the execution of the organizations's financial management strategy, while providing leadership, direction and guidance to the Accounting Team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process, ensuring compliance with all budgetary requirements
- Contribute to the development of goals and objectives through active engagement and participation in all high-level organizational activities
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and make recommendations
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance and present recommendations to the senior management team
- Oversee daily operations of the finance/accounting department
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results
- Collaboration with IT department to ensure maximization of computer systems
- Manage the preparation of all financial and KPI reporting, ensuring accuracy and timely presentation of such reports
- Review the financial viability and due diligence process for all potential acquisition
About the candidate:
- CPA designation is required
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in progressive roles with a minimum of 5 years managing a team
- Experience within a high-growth organization
- Management experience ideally within an organization that has both external audit and in-house financial management operations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation as it pertains to financial reporting
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Occasional local and national travel is required (less than 10%)
This is a role for that strategic Director of Finance that has a handle on the numbers and wants to help grow the business though assisting the CFO with acquisition and due diligence processes. It's a stable industry...in fact...a growing industry! Apply today!