Spend your summer on beautiful Lake of The Woods!
Are you looking to make new friends from all over the world, live the Lake Life and make money? Then a job at Totem Resorts is exactly what you are looking for!
We are in need of a carpenter & all-around handy guy.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan and organize daily requirements for maintenance and repairs
- Must be able to perform basic to advanced, finish carpentry projects
- Basic plumbing, Electrical, and other handyman duties are a huge plus
- Inspect facilities, prioritizes necessary repairs, improvements and preventive maintenance
- Ensure all tools and equipment are in good working condition, organized and secured
- Work with department supervisors to ensure everything is in good working condition and perform repairs accordingly
- Work on assigned projects in a timely manner
- Operates vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Highly organized, capable in time management, strong communication skills, able to prioritize jobs efficiently
- Ability to lift & carry 50+ lbs, able to stand/walk for 8+ hours
- Experience in the safe and proper use of a variety of power tools
- Enjoys a challenge
- Reliable and punctual
- Great attention to detail
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times
- Must have a valid driver’s license
The candidate must be willing to relocate for the summer. Must have previous experience in a maintenance role. The candidate must have a basic understanding of electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance. WHMIS certification an asset. This position runs from May – October with the possibility of extension