Mechanical Designer - Revit
Good compensation package
Residential / Commercial Projects
This a great opportunity for an intermediate or senior Building Mechanical Engineer or Designer, with strong Revit skills, to join an excellent company with an office in Calgary.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
This position is with a leading consulting Engineering firm known for its excellence in project and service delivery. This firm focuses specifically on residential, commercial and government projects. Their projects expand throughout North America and are progressing and growing further as the firm develops.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Department lead, you will participate in the design development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for building HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems. In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on building mechanical systems for different types of buildings. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing a great service to existing clients and coordinating project requirements with various team members.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Solve problems by use of requisite knowledge and application of building codes, energy codes, and other related standards
- Knowledge of the requirements and the process for building permits applications with Alberta municipalities is preferred.
- Have strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards applied to design work. Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices is preferred.
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects
- Attend project meetings.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
- Provide support to and mentor junior staff
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineer with registration in a Canadian province or working towards P.Eng in Alberta
- At least 7 years of experience with 5+ years of design experience HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in Canada is required.
- Excellent Revit skills are essential
- Solid knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing requirements per building codes, energy codes, and other related standards
- Able to work independently most of the time with out supervision, is absolutely essential
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- LEED® Accredited Professional is preferred but not essential
- The opportunity to join a leading firm in Western Canada
- Excellent compensation package
- Plenty of opportunity for professional development
- Strong leadership team with a hands-on and supportive approach
- Growing and developing firm that offers opportunity to progress your career further
Role is being hired ASAP. Please apply directly.