Director of Quality Assurance
Calgary, AB - Partial Remote Work
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Talentsphere is currently recruiting for a Director of Quality Assurance for our global client that prides themselves on culture, has a forward thinking leadership team and creates innovative products that help the world!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Director of Quality Assurance is responsible for the QA department leadership delivering high quality outcomes for software products. In this role you will be responsible for establishing strategic direction for QU defining policies and efficient processes, test methodologies and the implementation of test automation framework. You will plan, direct and coordinate product testing as per project specifications. You will ensure the test coverage is compliant with regulatory standards, meeting the quality criteria set forth for Circle's software products.
- Manages, plans, coordinates, and leads the quality assurance department
- Manage resources for end-to-end testing activities of multiple software products
- Formulates and maintains QA objectives, and coordinates objectives with other engineering managers to maximize quality and reliability
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for documenting testing activities
- Ensures efficiency, integrity and completeness of tasks related to QA and testing
- Analyzes current quality assurance processes, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement
- Collaborates with cross functional product groups to define and achieve deliverables in clinical and research projects
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability
- Ensures escalated customer complaints are reviewed by the team and determines immediate actions such as reporting adverse incidents or immediate support needs
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Communicates and works across functional areas with senior management to ensure objectives are met
- Coaches and mentors QA team leads and managers, and evaluates their performance
This candidate will have the following aspects;
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of management experience with proven ability to lead large software QA teams
- 10+ years of experience in software quality assurance with a focus on desktop or web application testing
- Proven experience in managing and designing various testing methodologies including system testing, integration testing, performance testing and automation testing
- Strong knowledge of software development technologies including networking, operating systems, hardware components and virtual computing environments
- Experienced in communicating to all leadership levels and working cross functionally with product management, engineering and R&D managers
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Experience leading teams in a medical software company or regulated environment
- Experience leading teams in an Agile environment
- Strong group of professionals, rapidly growing industry leader with advancement opportunity
- Work in an R&D environment and see your work make an impact directly
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity! Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas