North York, ON
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Our client is a builder and developer headquartered in North York with offices and projects across Canada and the United States and into the warm climates. This is an opportunity to be part of an organization who is making their mark across the country and breaking new ground in specialized locations. As a commercial and residential developer, this firm offers a full spectrum of services including general contracting, facilities management and building system retrofits.
Projects at this firm consist of new builds and renovations, with many of their projects in the retail and quick service restaurant sectors. Projects in general range up to $7,000,000 and there are multiple projects ongoing at any one time. If you like a busy workday and constantly challenging yourself - this is your place.
We are working with our client to find an experienced Estimator who is ready to step into a new role with a very successful company. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the execution of all competitive bids including all pre-tender activities
- Obtain competitive pricing from subcontractors
- Negotiate subcontractor buyout process
- Prepare detailed and accurate bids for commercial tenders
- Ensure profitability of projects with error-free budgets
- Work directly with clients to provide conceptual budgets based on preliminary sketches, working in a consulting role to obtain pricing and bring the concept to project
- Review drawings and specs and provide advice to client regarding alternative methods and materials for cost savings
- Work with operations team to prepare preliminary schedules
- Provide exemplary customer service and value to clients in order to ensure repeat business
The incumbent will have the following qualifications:
- Construction-related degree or diploma or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of local experience as an Estimator in a commercial setting
- A history of accurate and competitive tenders
- A well-established network of relationships with high quality, competitive trades and the willingness to pick up the phone and call them for pricing and negotiation
Why work here? There is lots of room for growth and mobility here and you will be working with a fantastic team. This is an opportunity to take your career to the next level in a senior role while working for a company that values and empowers their employees. The salary and total compensation package will be very attractive to the right candidate.
Interviews for this position will be taking place right away so please send your resume ASAP for consideration. Confidentiality is guaranteed.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas