Real Estate Development
Commercial, Industrial, Residential
Our client is one of Vancouver’s leading Real Estate Developers.
Leads, directs, and coordinates the overall management of multiple projects
Position Reports to:
Senior Director, Construction
Project Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Applicants for this position will be self-motivated individuals with a high degree of initiative and will possess strong interpersonal skills, be attentive to detail, and able to build trusting relationships while developing their technical Development/Construction skills.
Project Manager Qualifications & Skills:
- Assist the Department Head by leading multiple projects in various stages of development from conception through to completion
- Manage a variety of third-party consultants and contractors
- Collaborate with internal Investments, Financing, Accounting Development, Sales, and Marketing teams throughout the development cycle
- Be financially savvy and manage budgets, track property models, and forecast future spend as part of the monthly reporting process
- Manage project teams to ensure best interests are represented during design development, value engineering, and construction
- Work with Asset Management to ensure property models and asset reports are updated regularly and kept current
- Lead the preparation of Rezoning, Subdivision, Development, and Building Permit applications with oversight from the Director of Development
- Coordinate the preparation of legal documents required for each project including rights-of-way and/or easement agreements, Plan of Subdivisions, lot consolidation, etc.
- Collaborate in setting up internal project schedules and follow up according to deliverables / deadlines
- Solve design, coordination, and technical problems and keep the Project Management Team updated on the progress of action items
- Manage the Project Tendering process and evaluate bids and make recommendations on contract award
- Analyze quotations received and compare with market rates to ensure competitive costing
- Review and track Change Orders, Site Instructions and Shop Drawings, track and manage consultant correspondence on the above matters before distributing approvals to the General Contractor
- Represent organization in onsite construction meetings
- Process buyer requests for unit customizations and ensure the work is performed by the General Contractor in a timely manner
- Review schedule updates and progress invoices monthly; review construction draw requests and lead the bank draw approval process
- Track the status of outstanding letters of credit and other project completion deposits; coordinate municipal inspections to facilitate the recovery of these funds
- Liaise with the Asset Management team to ensure all necessary insurance policies are in place
- Liaise with the Leasing team and provide appropriate information for deals under negotiation; includes Landlord Work and turnkey unit customizations; manage third-party consultants/ contractors in the completion of Landlord Work for Tenant Improvements
- Relevant post-secondary education such as Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, Construction, Building Science.
- 5+ years experience in real estate development and/or construction industry, (estimating background is considered an asset)
- Exposure to different construction contract types (e.g. Fixed Price, CM & Design-Build) is required
- The applicant must have strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and familiarity with internet-based research
- Local travel as required for site meetings. Inter-provincial travel 10%
- Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism
Project Manager Salary
- The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with a team-oriented mindset
- Ability to display a high level of professionalism at all times and possess the ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and completeness
- Excellent product quality and attention to detail
Competitive base salary, annual cash bonus, and a potential Long-Term Incentive program. We also offer an extended benefits plan, internal corporate training, and support for education
Project Manager Similar Job Titles:
Senior Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
Commercial Project Manager
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas