Senior Sustainability Consultant - Buildings
Architecture & Design
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Other Titles: Sustainability Expert, Environmental Design Consultant, Sustainability Leader, Architectural Sustainability Consultant, Senior Sustainability Building Advisor, Net Zero Consultant, Sustainability Advisor
TalentSphere is proud to be partnering with a leading firm in Western Canada as they search for a talented Senior Sustainability Consultant to help guide their sustainability team through the various processes of design and development on projects. In this role and working with this team, you will make a significant impact on buildings, human experience and the environment.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant you will be driven, project management-focused, directing and informing design decisions, verifying building performance, and communicating results to project teams. Day to day duties will include:
- Support the Impact team Directors to actively run and manage multiple scopes of work for the team, tracking milestones, deadlines, deliverables for a range of projects and initiatives.
- Develop, direct and apply building performance strategies in support of sustainable design, specifically low energy and low carbon buildings.
- Develop policy, guidelines, and industry resources for low carbon and high-performance buildings as part of our Advisory Services.
- Liaise and engage with design teams, consultants, and client groups to set performance goals and direct design decision-making.
- Direct and collaborate with Impact team members to guide design decision-making.
- Direct and review early-stage design analysis, including daylight modeling, energy and emissions benchmarking, life cycle assessment.
- Direct the application of green building rating systems, for example, LEED, Passive House, the Living Building Challenge, Zero Carbon Building Program, and Rick Hanson Foundation Accessibility Certification.
- Support the Director of Sustainability in developing firmwide standards for advanced sustainable design and innovation.
WHAT TO DO NOW
- An advanced degree in architecture, environmental science, building science, landscape architecture, engineering, planning, or another related discipline.
- Ten + years of professional experience, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in North America
- Deep experience in green building rating systems and assessment, specifically LEED, ZCB, LBC, and Passive House.
- LEED Accredited Professional with specialty.
- Advanced understanding of principles of sustainable design, design process, and workflow.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Some proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, and Rhino.
- Proficiency with MS Office, InDesign, Illustrator, and other graphic software.
If you believe this position could be the perfect fit for you and you meet the qualifications above, please apply directly. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
This position is being hired in both Edmonton and Vancouver.
Keywords: Sustainability Leader, Architectural Sustainability Consultant, Senior Sustainability Building Advisor, Net Zero Consultant, Edmonton, Alberta, Vancouver, British Columbia
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas