Competitive Salary + Benefits
Architecture & Design Firm
Other titles: Project Architect, Design Architect, Registered Architect, Project Manager, Architect
We are proud to be partnering with a leading firm in Western Canada that has a growing office in Edmonton, as they search for a skilled and registered Architect with AAA to join their busy office. Specializing in sustainably designed projects across a range of sectors, this firm boasts an impressive portfolio of excellent and award-winning design work and fosters a collaborative and progressive environment.
As a registered architect with the AAA or eligible to become registered, you will be involved in the following:
• Works energetically with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
• Work with establishing, maintaining and adherence to project budget and schedule.
• Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less experienced architects or professionals.
• Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
• Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and Best Practice standards.
• Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
• Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff
• Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
• Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
• Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
• Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
• Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
• Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
• Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project.
You will be assisting all manner of design, production drawings, and contract administration. You will be able to work on everything from schematic design through to construction phases but also assisting plans elevations, details and drawings. You will be working with Revit and a range of other software platforms, all time being a part of a collaborative team and working productively with other staff members to achieve project objectives. You will have strong design skills and creative ideas to come up with unique solutions for projects, liaising with clients and various stakeholders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
WHAT TO DO NOW
- 6 - 20 years of experience in the Architectural Industry
- Possess a range of project experience with public, community, cultural and institutional project work behind you
- Excellent design skills, creative and able to work through design issues
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is also essential
- At least 4 years of Canadian experience, preferable local experience so as to be familiar with the bylaws and building codes
- Excellent Revit skills, strong sense of design
- Strong sense of work ethic, a collaborative approach
If you're interested in this Architect role click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Keywords: Architect, AAA, Architect, Design Architect, Edmonton, Calgary, Alberta, Toronto, Project Manager, Designer, Lead Architect, Intermediate Architect, Licensed Architect, Project Architect