Are you passionate about participating in the creation and execution of new and improved food products?
The Senior Product Developer
will need to be self-motivated, team-oriented, enjoy a fast-paced environment, focused in their pursuit of the end goal, and capable of bringing creative approaches to troubleshooting and problem resolution. Must also enjoy the 'hands-on' nature of the job that will require involvement in both lab, pilot, and plant activities. A passion for food science and technology with an ability to use this expertise to drive innovation and meet our customers' and consumers’ needs will be important.
- Develop, formulate and test new products from concept inception to final plant execution across Fruit Fillings & Toppings; Cream Fillings; Icings; Sweet Sauces; Variegates (Caramel, Chocolate, etc.)
- Participates in cross-functional teams responsible for projects
- Conducts pilot and plant trials
- Maintains project files to ensure collection and transfer of learning and knowledge
- Conducts competitive reviews to assist in identifying opportunities
- Maintains current knowledge by reading and disseminating academic and trade literature
- Is fully aware of market food trends and constantly brings new ideas for innovation
- Interfaces with and leverages the supplier community to achieve project goals
- Participates in product sensory trials using internal and external panels
- Ensures regulatory compliance of products by interfacing with Regulatory Affairs
- Utilizes good project management skills in the conduct of their duties
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Has the ability to provide training and influence through strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science or a related Science discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Product Development, preferably in fruit fillings, jams, confectionary, syrups or sauces
- Experience in a manufacturing plant environment
- Functionally competent in MS Office programs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Focused, organized time & project management skills
- Embraces and positively facilitates change
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas