up to 6 month contract
Our client in the medical services industry is seeking a Medical Secretary
for their Medical Surgery Clinic in Ottawa, Ontario. If you love client facing customer service, pleasant work atmosphere and satisfying work this is your place!
About our client:
Our client is the parent company and home to shared services for over 120 independent operations across Canada. Reputable, professional, and working within a growing niche market, this company is a fantastic place to work!
To provide a high level of administrative and data management support to the Medical Surgery Clinic operations and services.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Conducts job duties with the highest level of confidentiality
- Processes forms, medical letters, reports, charts and files in appropriate systems
- Processes forms, medical letters, reports and faxes or prepares for courier to external sources
- Record and organize patient information according to data management systems, file coding
- Receive and deliver incoming and outgoing mail
- Greet and respond to Patients
- Answer phones
- Retrieving and relaying telephone messages with a maximum of 48-hour call back
- Booking consultation, follow up or related diagnostic (MRI, CT Scan, etc.) appointments
- Conducting confirmation of patient appointments
- Assisting Helix Patient Coordinator as assigned
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Office Administration program is an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Experience as a Medical Secretary is an asset.
- Assertively works towards collective goals, participates actively in carrying out team and Regional objectives. Takes initiative and pursues opportunities to enhance services and Region targets.
- Is efficient in use of time and resources. Manages information, data and files appropriately.
- Communicates in a clear and timely way, consistently presents self in a positive, and professional manner.
- Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, comes up with possible solutions, selects appropriate responses, and implements them.
- Ensures that company policies and procedures are adhered to, ensure Industry and Regulatory protocols for services are set and adhered to.
- Works independently within prescribed parameters, can discern the relevance of issues and communicates them effectively to other staff and supervisors.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established and growing company in an industry that helps others. Feel good about the company you work for! It's a stable industry...in fact...a growing industry! Apply today!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas