Our client has been proudly connecting Canada’s communities for over 60 years. We install and maintain the infrastructure that makes energy flow! Our client provides a comprehensive and fully integrated range of infrastructure services across Canada. They plan, build and maintain oil and gas pipelines, power and other utilities systems and related facilities. Renewable and sustainable energy projects are an important and growing part of our business. Their clients include many of Canada’s major utilities and municipalities. We often work in partnership with other infrastructure builders and in extended enterprise mode with our clients. In all areas, Somerville is recognized as safe, expert, reliable, innovative and fair.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Utility Manager, managing the successful completion of projects from tender to project completion.
- Promote new business through business development within the Utility scope across western Canada.
- Collaborate with management, estimating department in the estimating of projects within the department scope.
- Collaborate with other managers for manpower requirements, and the coordination of resources for the better good of RBS.
- Participate in workflow management initiatives.
- Analyze documents, specifications, for compliance for submittals, QA/QC, Safety and Environment
- Manage schedule requirements and coordinate tasks accordingly to meet key milestones and deadlines
- Distribute administrative documentation appropriately to coordinators, other management personnel on site
- Provide technical support to field staff and communicate with sub-trades, including subcontract documents.
- Manage overall project cost, change orders, invoicing, quality, safety and other incidental deliverables;
- Coordinate with management for Change Requests for proper estimation, tracking, and approval to the scope of work
- Provide data and input for month-end reconciliations
- Maintain files and correspondence on active projects
Liaison with clients, attend meetings and keep management informed
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in Project Management
- College or University graduate preferably in Civil Engineering
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint
- Previous knowledge of estimating software
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to work accurately and under pressure, with multiple projects
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Self motivated individual with strong problem solving skills and willing to take on new challenges
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Valid driver’s license
Salary range $100,000-$130,000 + Benefit, Bonuses based on individual and company performance, Vehicle & gas card, RRSP matching up to 5%
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas