Automation Technologist (PLC/HMI)
Location: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full Time
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast paced, growing manufacturing company? If so, this could be the ideal role for you!
We offer competitive compensation, group benefits, RRSP matching and plenty of advancement opportunities. If you are an ambitious, self-motivated and driven individual looking for an ideal company to launch your new career and/or to yearning to continue to grow and develop in your current role, you are encouraged you to apply!
Purpose of Position:
Integrate new and existing automation systems and robotics throughout the manufacturing facility including mechanical assembly, electrical/ assembly, PLC and HMI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create detail design proposal, build schematics, testing, and commissioning.
- Responsible for fabrication, assembly, testing, and integration of advanced mechanical, electrical & pneumatic components with process/systems and sellable product.
- Programming online/offline using (CIM Station, Fanuc Weld Pro, MotoSim, and Robot Studio verified by the Manufacturing Manager.)
- Responsible for documenting, creating assemblies, work instructions, and procedures.
- Support special purpose robotics applications for AEC requirements.
- Assist in running lab tests, and compiling and analyzing test data.
- Troubleshoots process problems and monitors equipment to identify potential errors.
- Develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of errors.
- Improves cycle time and throughput by adjusting robot path or functions.
- Assists in the integration, start-up and debugging of plant floor equipment.
- Installs and configures appropriate hardware and software options.
- Performs electrical diagnosis and recommends repair, or repairs as needed
- Advance MIG and spot welding capabilities.
- Read & interpret electrical and mechanical prints
- Collaborate and promote teamwork mentality.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience with Robotics & programming, Weld Robotics preferred
- A minimum 10 years of professional experience in manufacturing environment
- College diploma or University degree; additional computer certification would be an asset
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas