Competitive Salary Package
Other titles: Design Architect, Senior Design Architect, Senior Architect, Intermediate Architect, Designer, Registered Architect, AAA Architect
We are proud to be partnering with a large, reputable Architecture firm, with an office in Edmonton, as they search for a skilled, registered Design Architect to join their team. This firm is looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for excellent service delivery and the capability to work with a variety of projects including commercial, mixed-use, civic, community and high rise. This firm boasts an impressive portfolio of work across Canada.
For this role you will be a registered architect and will be involved in the following:
- Manage projects through various phases of development
- Liaise with clients to ensure excellent service delivery and execution throughout the entire process
- Work collaboratively with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
- Work with establishing, maintaining and adherence to project budget and schedule.
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordinate with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Review working drawings and design to ensure client requirements are met
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project.
You will be involved in working with all aspects of projects from initial client liaison through to full project execution. You will be able to work on everything from schematic design through to construction but also assisting plans elevations, details and drawings. You will be working with Revit and a range of other software platforms, on large and complex projects. Strong leadership skills are essential as you will be a part of a collaborative team and working productively with other staff members to achieve project objectives.
WHAT YOU NEED
- To be successful in this role, you will need a minimum of 8 years of industry experience and be a registered Architect or eligible to become registered with the AAA
- Experience working with a range of projects including commercial, mixed-use, government, mid-rise or high rise and senior living is preferred
- Excellent design development skills, working with concept creation and all phases of design delivery - possess a good portfolio of design work
- Business Development experience an asset of the potential to do business development
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is also essential.
- Ability to work well with clients and establish and maintain positive relationships
- Strong project management skills -PMP designation is an asset
- Leadership experience or potential preferred
- Capable of working through all phases of a project
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- An excellent compensation package
- Opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a strong management team - position has the growth potential into a Principal position for the right candidate
- Be part of a progressive, reputable and award-winning company
- Work on large and complex projects
If you're interested in this Design Architect role click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Keywords: Architect, Edmonton, Alberta, Design Architect, Designer, Project Architect, Senior Design Architect, AAA