CONSTRUCTION PROJECT COORDINATOR / ESTIMATOR
Our award winning client is offering an opportunity to join their expanding team as a Project Coordinator/Estimator. In this interactive role, you will be responsible for managing the communications between internal teams and external customers as it relates to delivery schedules in a fast paced environment. This includes the related tracking, sourcing, requests, status updates and schedules.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is an award winning and well established manufacturer in the building materials industry. With operations spanning Western Canada. and an incredible industry reputation, our client is expanding their operations rapidly and offering progressive opportunities on their team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
In this role you will support daily by working collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders to ensure that project deadlines are met by the deadline within budget estimates. You will be offering your industry related experience to work on multiple projects, in an environment that allows you to leverage and develop your skills. Your time will be equally spent involved with Project Coordination and Estimating.
- Perform accurate takeoffs from drawings, specifications, and related documents, noting any revisions, recommendations and offer suggestions.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, contract requirements, and job specifications.
- Coordinate with sales team and assist in preparing RFI’s and RFQ’s.
- Review and maintain a record of all addendums, communicating any effects it may have on the estimate.
- Submit for engineering approvals and purchasing cost.
- Accurately prepare and provide proposal presentation to the account representative to present to the client.
- Prepare contract package for executive approval and submission, ensuring all documents are aligned and compliant with the contract.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to optimize efficiency and ensure project estimates are feasible and attainable.
- Process orders and communicate order information to relevant personnel.
- Work closely with the scheduling department to ensure successful flow of information.
- Process, document and communicate all change orders as necessary to ensure success.
- Review and prepare shop drawings for submission to Research and Development.
- Prepare documents for and attend project kick off meetings as the resource to all information and answers as it relates to the project product and requirements.
- Collect required information for service requests, qualify and process to the service department.
- Coordinate delivery and install, communicating any updates and changes to the client and relevant departments as they occur.
- Coordinate job site meetings with client and project superintendent as requested.
- Prepare close out package for substantial completion as per the contract requirements.
- Complete projects close out site walk, document deficiencies and process close out service orders.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Degree or Diploma in Construction Engineering Technology (CET), Architectural Technology, Project Management
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Coordinator or Construction Estimator
- Experience and ability to work effectively on internal ERP computer systems, Salesforce
- Solid working knowledge of building code requirements.
- Construction Estimating is an asset
- Strong organization skills, ability to manage time effectively with accuracy and with high attention to detail.
- Work with an Award Winning & Expanding Organization with Excellent Company Culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Continuous Professional Development & Advancement Opportunities
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity! Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas